xisto Community
siefwbas

Microsoft Unleashes Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2, Microsoft Is Taking

Microsoft is taking the wraps off what it expects to see in its next major round of development tools.
They are headlined by Visual Studio 2008, beta 2. Formerly code-named Orcas, VS 2008 sees Microsoft converging several development paths, extending from the core VB and C# languages to the WinFX designer framework for Vista, Silverlight for mid-weight browser-independent clients, and the Office System (which used to be known as Visual Basic for Applications, or VBA).
Advertisement

The result is an umbrella where developers can pick up programs written by Office developers and web designers within the same development environment, thereby infusing them with more robust logic. It's similar to Adobe's goals with the Flash runtime, web designer tools, and the Flex programming environment.

Obviously, the impending release of Visual Studio 2008 is the headliner, including native support for Vista's WinFX programming model (which became part of .NET 3.0).

Read full article : Click here

Notice from Plenoptic:
Even with the source posted, you must QUOTE any copied content or anything published somewhere else. Please review the Xisto ReadMe for more guidelines to make your time on the forums easier.

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

i love visual studeos 2005 i use the express and it's great. i think the 2008 edition will be great even better if they supported PHP. do by any chance of a link that has all of the features coming to the new version?

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 is the latest version of the MIcrosoft's windows application devlopement software.It supports to create applications for Windows Vista using WinFX and .NET 3.0.it is a great tool for the developers, I love it and it is the best tool available in Windows for developing applications easily and more professionally.I hope they do release the free express editions of the new VS 2008

I am currently downloading Visual Studio 2008 Beta 3. I love Visual Studio 'cos of its ease of use. I hope this one will be good or even better than the others.