xisto Community
Dungeon Master

Should I Be Mad Or Happy.

Recently my friend decided to play a prank on me. He created a myspace for a fake person. He pose himself as this psychotic emo stalker. He then proceed it to sending me really insulting messages. They usually said that i was a talentless spineless person. He then threaten to kill me because supposedly i had wronged him some way. I was a bit worried because i thought this person was for real. After a couple of days my friend then later announces that in fact it was him. He laugh and ask me why if i was really scared. I scuffed him away. I later ask him why he did all this, was it all out of boredom? He simply responded, "Cause i wanted to hate this guy so much that it would inspired you to proof him wrong.". I was amaze that my friend did all this just to inspired me, but i was still quite annoyed cause he had me going really good. So what do you guys think should i get back at him or should I just thank him for his effort to give me some inspiration?

Threats and security is not something to be dealt with lightly on the Internet.If I were you, I would be looking for a new friend. The next 'stalker' may be for real. And the next time it may not be a friend.

Threats and security is not something to be dealt with lightly on the Internet.
If I were you, I would be looking for a new friend. The next 'stalker' may be for real. And the next time it may not be a friend.

I so far have stop talking to him, but i would soon going to have to confront him. For he is supposedly one of my very close friends. I just dont really know what to say to him. Because i still hold resentment and my mind can only think of just ripping out his eyes.

Well, I would consider forgiving him after giving it some thought. After about a week, go back to him and ask him if he is sorry and then forgive him. Oh god, I sound like my mother... ><' So yeah, just do that, it helps...usually.

Better not "rip-out his eyes" until he sees how mad you are about this.No joking. An 'Internet friend' of mine is dealing with her address and a Google map Image of the city block she lives on being posted on a site. The posting was reported to the Police and the matter is being taken very seriously. Charges are pending.

Well, I would consider forgiving him after giving it some thought. After about a week, go back to him and ask him if he is sorry and then forgive him. Oh god, I sound like my mother... ><' So yeah, just do that, it helps...usually.

The problem is that this guy isnt just any "internet friend" he is a very close friend of my. He kept the joking going for about a week or so. During that whole time i was barraged with death threats and insults. I wasnt really scared at all just a really angry. My friend was alternating between sending me death threats and chatting with my in MSN. During the whole time he was pretend to be scared. He even asked me if i was scared. I told him that in reality i was not because i didnt really take the guy seriously. He kept on doing this for quite a while until he just blurred out that he was doing all this.

I would have to agree with haslip although your friend played a trick on you, nonetheless the way he did it is completely wrong especially the way social sites have become a place for stalkers to get someone. You should also tell your friend that those messages are stored on a database and if someone did notice them he can get into serious trouble regardless if its a prank or not.

I would have to agree with haslip although your friend played a trick on you, nonetheless the way he did it is completely wrong especially the way social sites have become a place for stalkers to get someone. You should also tell your friend that those messages are stored on a database and if someone did notice them he can get into serious trouble regardless if its a prank or not.

I think he is already aware of that but he still did it. Even if i did warned him about it he would just dismiss it as a prank. I think this whole prank really affected our friendship cause now things have being a little awkward. I cant help it but look forward when this back fires on him. It sounds very cruel of me but he took things too far. Because of his little prank i am taking in consideration all his faults and im thinking if its really worth it being his friend. Sure, he is sometimes self-centered he also happens to have a giant ego, but until now i had the patience to handle all that. This hasnt being the first time that he has played a prank on me. I fear this is just too big to let it go.

Can you explain what kind of inspiration your friend was looking for? This part confuses me:

"Cause i wanted to hate this guy so much that it would inspired you to proof him wrong."

And reading on just confuses things more for me 'cause this is what i understand from all of this: He pretended to be stalked, got you involved with this "stalker" just to see if you cared. Is this correct?
But besides that, i feel that your friend has a false sense of what friendship is. I say leave to see what he does. If he does nothing on his part, then forget about him. But if he decides to think before acting, for this "inspiration" could have been brought up better without all of the hassle, and realizes his mistake, then reconsider.

Well ok let me explain it a bit better.Im your usual case of brilliant but lazy and my friend knows that. So in his own depraved mind he decided to give me some inspiration by filling me with hate. So he posed as a stalker and pretended to stalk me. He told me that i was nothing but a talentless smurf, or something like that. He later then send me some death threats. He did this for quite a while. After this whole prank he explain to me why he did it. His objective was to inspired me in his own weird way. Why do you think my friend has a false sense of friendship?

Pranks are like covering someone's yard with toilet paper. My husband did steal his friend's stuffed animal and sent ransom notes and left messages on her beeper of the stuffed lamb baaing (because when I was growing up, only the really rich people had cell phones, weighed about a pound). And his friends' found out his password and changed the greeting message on his voicemail. But none of these things really harms or damages anyone in a significant way. Yeah, toilet paper is hard to get off the lawn sometimes, especially if it's a wet morning, but it doesn't really hurt anything or anyone. My husband's friend laughed histerically over her stuffed animal's "kidnapping" because it's an inanimate object and something that didn't really affect her. And changing someone's greeting message can be annoying, but otherwise harmless.I had some "friends" in high school that thought it would be really funny to chat with some guy online and pretend that it was me. I was hilarious until he showed up at my house and wanted me to do all the stuff that I had supposedly been doing with him online. Thank god that my parents and brother were home at the time because things could have gotten ugly very quickly. I could have "pranked" my friend back, but I decided that she just wasn't worth the effort and if someone is willing to do something that horrible to me, then she doesn't deserve to be called a friend.What your "friend" did is sadistic and cruel. It's completely mean-spirited and, as he stated, done to inspire hate. I would seriously reconsider a friendship like that.

I would be really mad and nervous, although in his eyes he probably wouldnt understand if you were mad: he considers what he did a good deed. Unless he just said it was to inspire you to get out of the mess and sort of just made it up on the spot. Either way you should just say something such as: "C'mon dude, not funny. I get that you were trying to inspire me and stuff, but you really freaked me out. We're cool though 'kay?" Just forget about it but make sure he realizes that you don't quite appreciate it. Although you're not mad, make sure he doesn't feel like he needs to bribe you into liking him again.

I don't think those messages would inspire anyone. Some pranks are incredibly funny, but some are just taken too far. This was taken too far. He just think it was a nice little laugh, but things like that can really hurt or scare a person. If he's going to keep doing stupid stuff like this, I wouldn't take him back as your friend. If you do want him back, then I would sit down and have a nice chat with him. Because to me it sounds like you want him back as your friend, but you really didn't appreciate what he did.

If I were you I would definitely not be happy. I'd be mad as all hell. Your so called friend did something that's pretty serious and I can't believe he would think it's funny to threaten your life. If he hadn't of told you ahead of time then hey may have gotten i nsome serious trouble with the police. It's pretty ridiculous to do and I wouldn't be so kind to him.