xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pressadverts

Whats Everyones Favorite Rpg's?

Topic says its all, whats everyones favorite RPG?I know this is a difficult question for most to answer but after debating I had to chooseDIABLO 2:Lord Of DestructionI know its alot more action/zelda like than other great rpgs but I just love Diablo, could play it forever.

Guild WarsWorld of WarcraftIn some ways the Warcraft series (III, Frozen Throne, etc) could be counted :P. Everquest/II wasnt that bad either, but in some ways its a shame it started to wane.and classics such as Ultima Online

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

I would have to say...World of Warcraft. I don't play it much but its really cool. It really doesn't compare to anything and you can do a heck of a lot stuff.I also like those Classic Mario games. They are real fun.

The Endless Forest, the best game I've ever played. See my post on it!

People call me crazy for this, but I really liked final fantasy X. Something just struck with that game, although it was quite a while ago. Knights of the old republic was pretty good (it only lasted about 2 hours for me as my computer decided it would stop working after that). Elder Scrolls oblivion was pretty good as well

Makai Kingdom, Disagea 2, Final Fantasy 11, Ragnarok Online, Final Fantasy 10, Final Fantasy Tactics, Wild Arms 5, Xenogears, Star Ocean... I have a truck load of RPG's I enjoy, actually choosing one would be the hardest thing.

If it's from Sony PlayStation, I will say Xenogears was the best title from all (even from Final Fantasy VIII). Great storyline, great presentation, great music, and the best : great musics! Xenogears is then made sequel, but Xenosaga was a pain in the neck, or what I say, it was a big blunder in Xenogears history. Xenosaga episode 1 came with poor mecha (the AGWS or somewhat like that), very different aura than those Gears in Xenogears. Well, Xenosaga episode 2 came with AMWS which is far more superior and the graphics is astonishing... but still, they forgot about one thing. Okay, the cinematic events could go on with PS2's superior graphics, but how 'bout battle??? Even Xenogears which is inferior in graphics could be far more addictive than Xenosaga.Well, I will say Xenogears is the best of all in my Sony Playstation game.Now, onward to PlayStation2... I could pass Xenosaga with those above reasons, so I'll pick .hack//Saga for the favorite. .Hack//Infection was the first of .hack//games available, buat even so until now it is one title that made so many of my inspirations. How they made a MMORPG-like Solo RPG is the best. (Too bad the real MMORPG .hack//fragments is hated by most of .hack//fans).hack//Saga stressed on the existence of 'bug' or could I say, 'something' behind The World, an MMORPG in the future (come to think of it, it is 2007...) that transfers mind from a person into the game so they could act like they were inside a game itself.Trouble arises when unknown bugs known as the corrupted data took several players into coma. And so, the entire .hack//saga told a vast and no ever ending story about the mystery behind the game (The World) itself and its connection to the real world.But, right now as I've played Blue Dragon I'll vote this Sakaguchi's masterpiece for XBOX360 is the best so far. Until I play Last Remnants (Square-Enix) or even Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, I'll stick on Blue Dragon.

Oh, so many great ones come to mind that I can't pick just one.Chrono Trigger - In my opinion, the best SNES game, period. I played it very, very late (much time after it came out) but I loved it. It was so rich and compelling, the graphics were beautiful, the music immersive, and the storyline was (at the time and even still today) original and refreshing. I spent hours and hours on that game and don't regret a single minute of it..hack// (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine) - First RPG I remember playing and enjoying on the PS2. Not only is it a great game, but it is linked to areas outside of video games because of its amazing universe (anime, manga, books, etc.).Final Fantasy (VII and X) - I only say VII and X because I didn't grow up with the early FF's. I've played some of them and though they were enjoyable, I had the most fun playing VII (also years after it came out) and X. The music in VII was epic (Uematsu rocks!) and the story was epic. The characters were also very unique. I think FFVII is one of the games that I've played in my life that has touched me the most. Final Fantasy X was amazing as well, but simply not as great as VII.Neverwinter Nights - I am a big D&D fan, but I never really get to play since almost nobody in my town (city, rather) has any interest in it. NWN was great because it was (and still is to this day) one of the best D&D computer video-game adaptaions ever made. I still play every once in a while, and if I upgrade my comp some time in the near future, I may give NWN2 a try as well.TES IV: Oblivion - Talk about immersive. The scope of this game is so epic that I can often get so lost in its many sub-plots and quests that I have (to this day) never actually finished the main story-line. Add in one of the most active, lively, and brilliant modding communities on the face of earth, and this game is a clear winner. It was this game alone that restored my previously lost faith in the possibility of enjoyable (and even superb) Western RPGs.

Final Fantasy 7: Its simply the best RPG of all time, people can call it overrated, people can complain about its popularity and faults, it doesn't matter. Its the best out there.Final Fantasy 8: Okay, i'm a squaresoft head. But this is up their also. Its storyline was one of the best i've ever seen. Plus the character development here was spectacular. Besides, Seifer owned.

I have quite a few favorites according to what mood I am in during that time of the year.I have Diablo II with the expansion, Conquer Online, and Guild Wars.During the different times of the year I go between them interchangeably. I usually play Diablo and Conquer during the school year because they are open ended games with a core style of grinding your characters. During the summer I play Guild Wars because I don't have enough time to allow my guild to schedule me for our events. So during the summer I can play a lot with them.So all in all it really depends what time of year it is for me.Anyone else this way?

Voyage Century.. It's a game about pirates and the ones fighting them.. I like it a lot cus there is pvp all over the place.. map is whole world with bigger cities like Venice, Athens, Seville, London .. over 50 cities.. There is not much monsters that don't exist in real life.. so it's not so unreal like many others are.. You can choose what you wanna be.. If you choose pirate you can always go back to non-pirate... NPC's are hunting you if you kill other player and you can get in jail.. jail time is like 100-300 minutes if u won't kill more then 2.. But if the other player is doing a task for his guild you can kill him without getting to jail..I was playing silkroad and kalonline before.. but none of them is as good as Voyage Century..

Final Fantasy Tactics.hack Series (all the way through GU as well)Final Fantasy 11Most of the Final Fantasy games were fun. The graphics quality was something to get over with some games, but Tactics really pulled out a good look, for a playstation game