xisto Community
allfanged1

The State Of Trap17 Some Things Are Getting Pretty Annoying Here

Notice from OpaQue:
I, the founder of Xisto, declare that this is one of the most hilarious topics ever made. Members please take your time to read this and do enjoy it. My special thanks to Buff and Velma.

I personally ditest Xisto because of it's clutter, it's impossibility to navigate, and the fact that admins like buffalohelp haven't been banned yet, as he abuses his power to the point of threatening free speech. Xisto is way to orienated on its appeal, and not it's content, which is what's really important. If you make something flashy but pointless, all your doing is making idiots attracted to shiny things. This is my theory on why Buffalohelp remains on the forum. Also, if this post is deleted, this will just be proving that Xisto cannot take constructive criticism, and that Buffalohelp is a power-hungry tyrant, bent on the destruction of free speech.

A friend of mine, who had around 600 posts on this forum, said:

"Just for the record, Xisto actually was a nice forum that had a relaxed environment before BuffaloHelp showed up. Good job, BuffaloHelp, you ruined a good thing. A lot of the good members also left since you got on the scene. Also, Xisto users often act like they are in a support group. They complain when the nice police officer says they can't park in handicapped spaces when they are just out for a pack of cigs."

Buffalohelp is not a helpful as he seems, as shown in the attached image. He is actually a tyrant who has a moderation style that Joseph Stalin would have.

Posted Image

PS http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

"Well, the happy news is that I finally have a domain (at Dreamhost — you know they rock!) and brand-new hosting. I had a saint’s patience sometimes with Xisto, but I realized a little late that posting on the forums there was no longer as insightful as it used to be — and swiftly became a drag. To top that off, slow support and regular downtime, including one long stretch of database failure as pungent as a dying zebra, broke off our wary relationship forever. And then I found Hippo Hosting; not only did they offer Ruby On Rails (handy in case I want to play with Simplelog), and just enough cushiony space and bandwidth for me to settle into — all at the very reasonable price of $40/yr (you can get your first year at $30 if you hurry!) And their support is fantastic, given what I’m used to. I never thought that a server-update e-mail could make me so happy!"

- biscuitrat

You guys simply need to get your act together. Enough said!

Edited by allfanged1
Added Note tag on OpaQue's request (see edit history)

How exactly happened where I am so hated personally here?

Judging by the number of your posts you were not hosted. Which means you are hiding behind another screen name to launch a personal attack on little old me. Otherwise, you are too cowardice to show your true identity fearing my retaliation.

I do not work like that.

To quote the first where it sounds so familiar from one of past messages tells me that you are hiding your identity. If you are related to biscuitrat I am dissapointed that she has some association with you. I am shocked since I gave so much respect to her. Comparing free web hosting and paid web hosting is like comparing fruits and vegetables... it isn't right, it isn't fair. And to judge Xisto services based on one person, like me, isn't allowing yourself to a wider view. I regret that your anger has narrowed your vision.

Free speech comes with its own responsibility. You can shot "fire!" but can you shout the same in a crowded theatre? Would you take the full responsibility of chaos and public safety just to exercise your freedom of speech? I think not.

Xisto free web hosting, no ads is not the perfect and far less from the complete hosting solution. However, for those who need free web hosting with no ads Xisto is a part of a solution. I, including Xisto, have never claimed this is THE place for web hosting. We simply thank each and every member for making Xisto the internet's popular place for forum and web hosting. Xisto - Web Hosting is the main provider for all Xisto hosting members and when a member wishes to graduate to higher reliable hosting solution without any hidden costs may seek out Xisto - Web Hosting or other web hosting provider. And such as that statement, if you feel this forum is not for you you can seek other places that agrees with your point of view.

Do not come to this forum to lash out your anger at me. Respect is not deserved but earned.

Free speech and all what you claim to be free may stand in the real world, but here is a reality check--this is an internet forum. You are a guest in Xisto forum. Xisto is not a government, not a corporate working place or your law institution. Do you normally go to your friend's house as a guest and start barking orders? If so perhaps you have a lot to learn about good mannerism.

PS is it me or a post something so similar with the same picture posted a while ago? Am I having a deja vu?

I Think Buffy knows who this is :P Anyway I think Buffalo is right, it was very cowardly for you to come like this here behind a screen name. Did you get banned last time so you are forced to sign up with this name to vent .....

I personally ditest Xisto because of it's clutter, it's impossibility to navigate, and the fact that admins like buffalohelp haven't been banned yet, as he abuses his power to the point of threatening free speech.

If you think that trap is so cluttered maybe you can be a really good member, be a mod then be an admin and make this place the best in the world... There is a difference between free speech and abuse... Nobody has ever stopped you from saying what you want but if you spam on the forum then you define your free speech as rubbish and gibberish that is either copy/pasted or not worth listening to. Good members have always been respected here and treated right.

Xisto is way to orienated on its appeal, and not it's content, which is what's really important. If you make something flashy but pointless, all your doing is making idiots attracted to shiny things

Define the terms appeal and content?? Do you mean to say that people are only interested in the hosting and nothing else???? No wonder members with 5 years of FREE hosting post everyday here.

make something flashy but pointless, all your doing is making idiots attracted to shiny things..

One of the best ways of describing your topic. Great Job!

This is my theory on why Buffalohelp remains on the forum. Also, if this post is deleted, this will just be proving that Xisto cannot take constructive criticism, and that Buffalohelp is a power-hungry tyrant, bent on the destruction of free speech.

Wow you must have broken some great set of rules to be angry at buff like this :P What do you mean CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?????

All that I can read is Buffy this and Buffy that... The only thing I saw constructive was your first point of trap being a bit too cluttered and hard to navigate.. The rest of it was plain spite against Buff... Even your title sucks...THE STATE OF Xisto????? What were you thinking man? If your topic was filled with swear words then it might have gotten closed. BUT I HOPE THIS TOPIC IS OPEN FOR PEOPLE TO SAY HI TO YOU. Then if people treat you badly, you will not have the right to complain to us..Is that alright? :D Please give me an example of a topic of "free speech" that shows Buffy the tyrant closing it for some invalid reason

"Just for the record, Xisto actually was a nice forum that had a relaxed environment before BuffaloHelp showed up. Good job, BuffaloHelp, you ruined a good thing. A lot of the good members also left since you got on the scene. Also, Xisto users often act like they are in a support group. They complain when the nice police officer says they can't park in handicapped spaces when they are just out for a pack of cigs."

Xisto users often act like they are in a support group. They complain when the nice police officer says they can't park in handicapped spaces when they are just out for a pack of cigs."

Seriously when have our members behaved like hooligans? Again I would appreciate it if you showed me a topic that explains your point

Was this actually your friend or your own comment?? And if it was your friend I don't see him supporting you in your noble cause. Is your friend complaining because he is really concerned about Xisto or is it because Buff is a great admin and has enforced good rules in the forum.

Buffalohelp is not a helpful as he seems, as shown in the attached image. He is actually a tyrant who has a moderation style that Joseph Stalin would have.

HA HA HAHA HA HA. That has to be the funniest pic and line in the whole topic. Buff the tyrant..RUN MEMBERS RUN!!! They have started Advertising that Buff is a devil incarnate.

"Well, the happy news is that I finally have a domain (at Dreamhost — you know they rock!) and brand-new hosting. I had a saint’s patience sometimes with Xisto, but I realized a little late that posting on the forums there was no longer as insightful as it used to be — and swiftly became a drag. To top that off, slow support and regular downtime, including one long stretch of database failure as pungent as a dying zebra, broke off our wary relationship forever. And then I found Hippo Hosting; not only did they offer Ruby On Rails (handy in case I want to play with Simplelog), and just enough cushiony space and bandwidth for me to settle into — all at the very reasonable price of $40/yr (you can get your first year at $30 if you hurry!) And their support is fantastic, given what I’m used to. I never thought that a server-update e-mail could make me so happy!"

Biscuitrat's opinion has no connection with our forums actually... You were talking about us getting our acts together not as a hosting company but as a forum right? Trap is a free hosting Company so OBVIOUSLY we are gonna lack in a .99% with other companies :P. But being an employee of Xisto Network I say nothing and I mean NOTHING can beat Xisto - Web Hosting's Web Hosting Services. How many forums of this kind have survived for so long??? Maybe you should go and check out how many have NOT survived..

You guys simple need to get your act together. Enough said!

Sad to say this bub but that was one bad topic :P you are one of those "PEOPLE FOR JUSTICE" who say that you are fighting for truth and justice but have nothing to do all day so you crib to your next door neighbor or make judgmental comments on others thinking that you guys are the most superior creatures on earth. Sorry to say this but you need to increase your self esteem or maybe decrease it. Get a hobby or a job Or even BETTER get FREE WEB HOSTING from Xisto.

P.S Buff never does anything without OpaQue's approval. Buff might be an admin here but he has respect for its members here and will do everything to make it the best forum. I made my post red in color so that it is easier to read. Maybe the topic Flaming Flamers describes you best :P Like Buff said, enjoy and respect our friendliness and hospitality.

Have fun but have your fun within your limits

@ Buff :Spurned lover :D J/K??? Seems mad at you...Good reply mate

Bye now and see you more in the forum :P

I can't help but notice this nice part of his "friend's" quote...

A lot of the good members also left since you got on the scene.

I'm not surprised many good members left, he has been here with Xisto for more than two years. The thing is, I don't really think that they left because of him. In fact a lot of people have left since I joined the forums as well. Now let's see, I have seen many posts of people leaving but it's usually because they are too busy now or they moved up to paid hosting like Xisto - Web Hosting, but I can't recall a post about how Buffalo is a tyrant.
I think it's hilarious how you point out dumb pictures probably edited in Photoshop but no pointing to a particular topic or post that proves any of your theorems. Buffalo enforces the rules because they are rules and that's why they are there. There isn't anything tyrant about what he does.

Yeah... guys. I think you may have taken it a bit far. I mean, sure this topic was less than insightful, but who cares, it happens all the time. I think that BuffaloHELP's reply would have been just fine.
This was probably, as Buffalo surmised, just some guy who got banned justly, but doesn't like the fact. There have been plenty of people like that.

"make something flashy but pointless, all your doing is making idiots attracted to shiny things.."One of the best ways of describing your topic. Great Job!

Didn't you get attracted to the topic?

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like you guys may have been over zealous with some of the responses.

Anyone who thinks Xisto is bad should go get hosted by atspace. Man I am convinced they have some kind of cron job or something running that keeps booting the server. I signed up with SiteUptime for kicks and giggles only to be shocked at how often the site went down. Really really bad, but on the other hand maybe they have this set up on purpose to help move people over to their paid hosting. Just not very good business practice if you ask me. Not allowing certain keywords so you can't get a paypal button to work? Just stupid, and so I came to Xisto. Much much better and loads of perks like PHP etc. Asking for regular posting is a good idea and I can see this evolving into a quality article writing business. Hmmmm could a member run such a business using the Xisto free hosting? I think so but sooner or later either a partnership or your own server would be required to be able to provide the free hosting model to others in return for the article writing.

this is the most amusing posts that I've ever read before in Xisto, and definitely I agree with BH as the person is a coward and cannot share his/her oppinions direcly. BH I think that person must have got more warninings just like me :P

i love ths guy he is saying what i am thinking. but i like posting here. with my behavior lately i bet bufallo thinks it was me. i am glad i found this topic :P ........... :P

Hehe nice picture. And I think BH defended himself quite nicely there.

To make something flashy but pointless, all your doing is making idiots attracted to shiny things..

That was the most intelligent sentence spoken.

Hmmm, well i would have to say a couple things about this. I love this post, not because its true, but because i just had to laugh at it. Why the HECK would you come to a forum you "ditest". Doesn't make sense to me. Can somebody help me out with that? I don't know about you, but where i live lol, we just ignore things, and or people we don't like, or in your case "ditest" So why not just leave? I don't get it. If you don't like it here, then your probably not welcome here.

Just because its unorganized doesn't mean it can't be fixed. Just post in suggestions. Theres really no point in just saying "I hate you" which is all this thread is.

Judging by the number of your posts you were not hosted. Which means you are hiding behind another screen name to launch a personal attack on little old me. Otherwise, you are too cowardice to show your true identity fearing my retaliation.

Ya really, I mean, either he asked for hosting and got rejected because he can't read, OR, like you said, hes just hiding on a account because hes too afraid. IP check them? :P pleasseeee? Anyways, really, what is the main purpose of this thread? To ask to be banned? HMMM..fun.

Oh ya, and i beleive this is wrong forum since your not hosting? KKTHANXBAI

and that Buffalohelp is a power-hungry tyrant, bent on the destruction of free speech.

Very amusing! I have to say this was definitely a funny post, along with the fact you are obviously hiding behind this new username. And the fact Buff probably knows who you are anyway!

I don't believe in God.

So, if Buffalohelp deletes this small sentence it either means he hasn't seen it (very unlikely because he's probably watching this topic like a hawk - Hawks are not evil mind you :P) or simply that you are wrong. Goodbye.

Thank you for this topic it truly was entertaining, that's what more of them should be like.

i saw that some posts on here said that they think that they might know who it is. like they would say that they think buff might know. i am just wondering who everyone thinks it is. personally i don't think it was some one who got banned. why would you guys assume that just because they wrote this they must of broke a lot of rules.and everyone is also saying this guy shouldn't be complaining. come on this place isn't perfect. but he is over reacting. and come on mermaid he is just stating his opinion about trap and the people of trap. you don't have to go and say he is stupid. or hopped up on stoopid pills. below +++V

Edited by arza1 (see edit history)

To: BuffaloHELP

I really wouldn't worry about the opinions above of you, The empty can rattles the most. Some people can not cope without drama or a crisis of some kind and they will create one out of nothing just to bring those around them down!

I'm relatively new here, but even I find it very easy to get to wherever I want to go:

CLICK THE PIC AT THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER THAT SAYS Xisto! IT TAKES YOU TO THE INDEX PEOPLE!

It's very clean and organized here and as a forum Admin myself, YOU and ALL of the mods here are doing an excellent job of getting rid of the trash whenever it is posted.

You are doing exactly what you're supposed to do here, and a forum this huge is very hard to admin/mod so whoever thinks it's easy to do your job can SHUV IT!

The above complaints were spoken like a true idiot.

I placed this topic in Hosted Members Section because it was hosting related topic :XD:It is clear at this point the motive behind the topic starter. We have another topic that refers to this one, which ended up as promotion to another hosting company. We get these kinds of spam promotions left and right on our forum. It's because Xisto forum ranks very high on search engines and top 18,000 rank on Alexa.Whatever the reasons behind this topic we all can judge for ourselves what Xisto Free Web Hosting, No Ads can do for each and every one. Xisto offers are only as good as your feedback. Tell us how we can continue to improve and test our services to see if we meet your needs.Thank you.PS Archangel_Baw, "empty can..." which is the direct translation to a proverb--have you been reading my signature or you too are aware of this proverb as well :) ?