xisto Community
htdefiant

Question On Wireless Keyboards

I would agree that wireless devices have gotten better over the years, and so there is no real lag left in them that I have notice. Although, technology that I have that is even close to wireless is the PS3 controller and the wireless mouse. I believe the only thing that could produce lag, if your running out of RAM (100-200 MB) or you have real bad connection that produces the lag.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

There will always be lag, but it might be not significant. Most gamers tend to go for the wired ones for their performance. I do too. Wireless is unreliable, sometimes they can work great but sometimes they can fault. If you live in a very humid climate, go wire. Sometimes water vapor is known to effect infrared rays.

I had a microsoft wireless keyboard once (don't know the model) - I REALLY had lots of problems with gaming, seems the keyboard would often "give up" when i was pressing the keys in for running etc it'd stop randomly.Don't know how it's today, but i've gone back to wire. Gives more reliability - Specially within' the gaming zone.

I used to have a great lag while playing games with my wireless keyboard. This made my purchase a wired keyboard for my gaming while I use the wireless for any other thing I have to do with the PC.

I had a microsoft wireless keyboard once (don't know the model) - I REALLY had lots of problems with gaming, seems the keyboard would often "give up" when i was pressing the keys in for running etc it'd stop randomly.

Don't know how it's today, but i've gone back to wire. Gives more reliability - Specially within' the gaming zone.

DUDE!!! I have exactly the same problem with my M/Soft wireless keyboard. (seems to me a microsoft thing)

I'd be holding down "w" to run forward and all of a sudden itd stop. I would have to take my finger off and press it again. It was random as far as I could tell. I seemed to be able to solve this problem by replacing the standard batteries and if it came back, wiggling them about every so often!!

I think this is not a problem with wireless keyboards, but Microsoft wireless keyboards. I cannot fault the keyboard at all. All the additional buttons on it ACTUALLY WORK! (I was shocked how useful they are, as you know usually those extra buttons are a load of crap) For once the software that comes with the mouse & keyboard was awesome too! It has to be the best interface / customisation software I've ever used. Well done Microsoft.

I have the 5000 Wireless Laser package that also comes with a mouse. The mouse works flawlessly. I also experience no lag with it watsoever. The keyboard is exceptional, and far more comfortable to use than my old one. It has a nice padded bar across the front :). Apart from that one problem with keys being held down for long periods. (long means running long distances in a game) The Microsoft wireless packages are good. It was cheap compared to other brands, but it seems for gaming go with a different brand.

To Conclude, Wireless keyboards and mice are no problem at all for gaming. In fact they are more convenient, and the technology now has eliminated any noticable lag.

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

I have a logitech wireless keybaord(Got it a couple of days ago) and it works absolutely fine. I dont know if its mircosoft or not, it hasnt got the word "microsoft" printed on it anywhere. There is no lag with it. Maybe because it is new. Maybe you should check your batteries or replace them. You can goto the shop you bought it from and replace it cant you? Get one thats not microsoft and see if thats better. Or just ask a shop assistant about what you should get.