xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Hints Of Internet Explorer 8 Have Been Dropped

Well this morning I was surfing around the mozilla site when I saw a quick blurb about IE8 on there site, but started; the improvements of course RSS, CSS, HTML, AJX and so on and so forth, and oh yeah lets steal a few more idea's from firefox, so far only 2 have been listed; Undo close tab, saving and restoring sessions . A few sites mentions even more rumors that a IE8A (alpha) is already being tested at Microsoft, so could we seal a beta in late 2007 or early 2008? Most likely since thats when FF3 final comes out.Of course the question to us coders is will it pass the Acid test and be able to handle CSS1-2 at !00%?? Who knows.

It will be interesting to see how it is compared to previous versions. Seeing that it is microsoft, I doubt it will come anywhere close to FF3. Just like vista, I bet it will be shinier but have so many security things you have to get around that it will be extremly annoying to use.

Will it use the Standard Compliant Box Model which doesn't add margins and Padding to the outside of the div?Floats working properly? The list goes on ad nauseum...Let the games begin... :P

Pretty interesting. I think I will stick with using Firefox. I am so used to using it now that Internet Explorer has sort of picked up dust except for when I open my email through MSN messenger because that's what it opens up in. Internet Explorer 7 had some improvements but I think Fire Fox will remain top dog unless something amazing happens over at Microsoft.

Pretty interesting. I think I will stick with using Firefox. I am so used to using it now that Internet Explorer has sort of picked up dust except for when I open my email through MSN messenger because that's what it opens up in. Internet Explorer 7 had some improvements but I think Fire Fox will remain top dog unless something amazing happens over at Microsoft.

Same for me. I just googled around and found http://www.stuffplug.com/?act=features which gives msn some extra features and allows firefox to be the mail browser.

... and oh yeah lets steal a few more idea's from firefox, so far only 2 have been listed; Undo close tab, saving and restoring sessions .

I get the feeling those features were present in Opera before Firefox. Regardless, i would like to see what new "improvements" Microsoft has to offer in this new IE. Not that i'll be using IE (Opera all the way for me), espeically since i'm a Linux convert, but i'm hoping to be surprised by Microsoft. Perhaps they'll lean (more) towards standards on this one. Perhaps it'll become more user-friendly. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

i'm a internet explore fan, yah yah yah most of ya'll are FF fans so start the dumping, IE6 was ok not great,very unorganized, but IE7 was very great and "in my opinion" again "in my opinion" beats fire fox. i expect IE 8 to be even better

and oh yeah lets steal a few more idea's from firefox

i found this comments and other comments like this very very ignorant it realy gets on my every nerves. wanting to give the users stuff they want is stealing right. so let me get this strait IE is older than FF right so FF stoll the whole idea of a web browser than. FF stole the idea of favorites from IE and renamed it to bookmarks or somtin right. if something like tab browsing is used by every web broser and became a "necessity" then an old browser that did not have that feature comes out with it that's not stealing that's just providing.

Of course the question to us coders is will it pass the Acid test and be able to handle CSS1-2 at !00%?? Who knows.

by the way wasnt opera the only one who passed that i'm not sure

i'm looking foward to IE8 :P

Well, I was pretty happy with the new IE... But if the new ones as terrible as Vista, well... I've used it a couple times and its just such a hassle. Also, people are like "Oh! But look at this! I really think this is awesome." Its cool usually, but it's like "Do you ever use it?" the answer is always a cheeky laugh and a no. Vista is a louzy spoof on Mac, and I'm hoping IE8 won't be a louzy, flashy spoof on Firefox... Although I don't like Firefox much.

Konqueror, the browser/file manager for KDE, also passes the Acid test. It was interesting to see that it passed it. Yet i have found some differences in the way Opera and Konqueror render certain things. Konqueror seems to be closer to the way Firefox renders pages; however, Firefox is still yet to pass the Acid test. I don't bear knowledge of all the browsers that have passed the Acid test, but i know for sure that Opera and Konqueror have passed it.

Will it use the Standard Compliant Box Model which doesn't add margins and Padding to the outside of the div?Floats working properly? The list goes on ad nauseum...

Let the games begin... :P

I really, seriously doubt that this would happen. Where I work there are many online applications that require Internet Explorer in order to run. If you try using them with firefox than the design breaks. So what does this mean? that if Internet explorer is switched to a standard compliant box model than those applications would become obsolete, and will require an old unsupported version of Internet Explorer. Another thing would be that Microsoft wouldnt be doing things their way, so I doubt they will ever change the ways they do things, they may copy a lot though, but they will never change.

Well this morning I was surfing around the mozilla site when I saw a quick blurb about IE8 on there site, but started; the improvements of course RSS, CSS, HTML, AJX and so on and so forth, and oh yeah lets steal a few more idea's from firefox, so far only 2 have been listed; Undo close tab, saving and restoring sessions . A few sites mentions even more rumors that a IE8A (alpha) is already being tested at Microsoft, so could we seal a beta in late 2007 or early 2008? Most likely since thats when FF3 final comes out.
Of course the question to us coders is will it pass the Acid test and be able to handle CSS1-2 at !00%?? Who knows.

But a Small note from me.......

How Mozilla Will Advertise for Internet Explorer????? :P

Mozilla will advertise for Fire Fox Not For Internet Explorer

I mean that Mozilla will advertise for its self not for microsoft

i'm a internet explore fan, yah yah yah most of ya'll are FF fans so start the dumping, IE6 was ok not great,very unorganized, but IE7 was very great and "in my opinion" again "in my opinion" beats fire fox. i expect IE 8 to be even better

i found this comments and other comments like this very very ignorant it realy gets on my every nerves. wanting to give the users stuff they want is stealing right. so let me get this strait IE is older than FF right so FF stoll the whole idea of a web browser than. FF stole the idea of favorites from IE and renamed it to bookmarks or somtin right. if something like tab browsing is used by every web broser and became a "necessity" then an old browser that did not have that feature comes out with it that's not stealing that's just providing.

i'm looking foward to IE8 :P

Only reason why IE7 was good was it had tabs, allow the png format without the blue background, other then that design was horrible, had to pay to by plug-ins, and so far hackers around the world have stripped that browser down so bad, I oculd copy hte source code down and make my own browser. We are not ignorant about IE, most us know what IE can do and quite frankly it stinks, although its the best browser to use in create web base applications, it lacks in in web design and structure and of course those sweet sweet plugins. It maybe older then firefox, but Netscape Navigator is older then IE by one 1 year. Also its not given people what they want if other, better browsers already have it, and to use a gfx term they are ripping the idea so people can come back. Since they are slowly losing the browser wars because of it's major flaws and the fact it is 100% loves hackers and doesn't have those sweet sweet plugins I LOVE SO MUCH!! (I need therapy).

read truefusions posts about the acid test.

But a Small note from me.......

How Mozilla Will Advertise for Internet Explorer????? :P

Mozilla will advertise for Fire Fox Not For Internet Explorer

I mean that Mozilla will advertise for its self not for microsoft

Well Microsoft Did it as well, if some of you may remember my old topic about microsoft using firefox for screen shots?? Anyways here is the link on the mozilla site in which I found it on. You could say it's free advertisement, or a way for the programsers of Firefox 3 to real do some good stuff with it now.

Wow that is pretty nice.. I think IE 8 would be something worth looking at, given that atm Microsoft is heavily working on their look and feel of their graphics. I believe there is some good eye-candy soon :PI know that for every website developer that IE is always a troublesome browser(I myself have experience it). float doesn't works properly, and developing your site with IE would cause tons of trouble with firefox user. However, we must accept the fact that IE is still the most popular, or rather most used browser in today's world. I myself is an usual IE user, I do everything with IE, including making websites. However, I always use firefox to test out the css and everything to check that it works and looks the same for almost all browser. I still like the IE layout, and I simply love the default font of IE, it's definitely more fantastic than firefox's. It has very small toolbar which provide a larger view of the websites I'm browsing through, but I do know that it won't work really well when you add something to it, like changing your theme of your windows.Overall I like to see a new version of IE, and like everyone is hoping for, we need Microsoft to make a valid browser that reads the CSS properly!!