xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Trap17 Board Status Dynamic Image

I was really board a few days ago and decided to make a Xisto board status image for my sig :P

Posted Image

That is the current beta. I'm still working on it so that it might display the most recent post or somthing, i'm not sure. After I finish it ill give out the source code but if you want one right now you can pm me and ill set one up to get the info on your account ^.^

So I was wondering how you members liked it? You'll probably think that its a waste of time, but alas as I said i was quite bored and had nothing better to do when i did it :P.

Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

Pretty interesting, I guess that'd make things a bit easier than going into the profile to see when they were last on and how many days since they were last on but the post count is seen every post anyway. I already have too much space taken up in my signature though. :P I'll try and think of some other features you can add in there to make it even more efficient.

Posted Image

It seems to be picking up the Server time or your local time??? Maybe add the Time Zone information to that? ie: GMT +/- X hrs?

Holy Moses!!This is pretty interesting for Xisto board. I think there might be few members who would be interested in your script. The Firefox extension plug-in was very popular... perhaps this may be the second popular script development from the members of Xisto :P

It seems to be picking up the Server time or your local time??? Maybe add the Time Zone information to that? ie: GMT +/- X hrs?

Yes I noticed this. I think for some reason its getting the time for GMT 0, but perhaps thats because a server is connecting to Xisto instead of a user. It isn't my time zone, so I am not quite sure where it came from, but I shall see if i can do something about it because I take in all the data as a string, so fixing it might be too hard to bother.

Once I add some more stuff, I might make something where users can sign up for their their own image. We shall see...

That sounds about right. It is Noon here now and the Image is stating it is 6:00pm, which is GMT (given that I am GMT -7, but Daylight Savings Time).Can you modify the script so that It echos out the GMT attribute? Or can each Image be modded to add/subtract the user's hours?

but perhaps thats because a server is connecting to Xisto instead of a user.

server echoes server time. i mean, that's... doh :P

That sounds about right. It is Noon here now and the Image is stating it is 6:00pm, which is GMT (given that I am GMT -7, but Daylight Savings Time).
Can you modify the script so that It echos out the GMT attribute? Or can each Image be modded to add/subtract the user's hours?

It would be quite hard to change the time. I'd have to parse the string and have it perhaps convert it back into an int and convert it back? Eww sounds like a lot of work. The only reason it is a string is because the place it is getting all its info from is your profile. Perhaps if Xisto made a page of information that php could read easier I would have more control but I'm sure that none of the admins would want to bother adding a page just for something small like this. I might even get rid of the last active, and in its place add some other stuff. I am not sure yet.

Can we see your code and perhaps suggest a modification to do that time conversion?Buffalohelp and I had a similar problem when we worked on a script to link to the Yahoo Calendar and I can't recall exactly how we arranged it, but I do have some code from that project which might help me sort it out.

Sure no problem. I've been really busy lately so I haven't had time to do anything for it and my first year of college is in about a week so If you want you can even take over the project because I'm not sure how much time I'll have to be able to devote to trap. When I get a chance I'll pm you my code, or post it here. Right now I'm not at a computer with FTP capability to my website.

Look forward to reciving the code anytime you send it. No rush... :P I'll probably have some time in the winter season... :P

This is one great gadget... It MAY be rather useless, but that doesn't diminish it's usefulness :) Did I mention I also love making great, but useless gadgets :XD:

Anyways, I have one, maybe more questions... How did you get Xisto board to display it, or rather, how did you get the server to parse files with .gif extensions? Or did you use cron jobs to refresh the physical image every x minutes? I'm asking you this, because I made this online status thing, and would like to add it as my signature, and maybe even share it with the world... It's made up of two parts, one is software application, running on your computer, refreshing data in MySQL on my server, and the other is PHP script, that creates an image, with all the info needed... It also has Winamp history (10 last played songs)... I would really like to assist you on this, if you'd like, and we could exchange knowledge :D

Here's what I made:

Text mode: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Image: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/stat.php

Hope to be hearing from you soon...