xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Exposed Undercover Reporter Flees Hackers Conference

First off she better pray they don't find her computer(s) because she just became a target for what she did to the largest group of hackers in the world. Secondly she had a chance to do it the right way but instead this reporter decided to go after some dirt from a dangerous group of people, forget terrorists, computers hackers are the most fear group of people because of the damage they can do to a person. Ok so the story is that the biggest hacker convention for all computer geeks, Def Con, has begun in which hackers won't have to worry about getting arrested by every federal authority person in the nation.

Like I said early the person running this convention gave her the chance to have free reign on the convention but decided not to, and so she decided to do a Special Ops news reporting, of course they got wind of her being there with a hidden camera, and then set her up big time by ratting her out. More or less the thousands of members wanted blood for what she did, now mind you the media in all it's glory just blurted out her name and so one could suspect that she just became a target by the hackers.

Now mind you hacker conventions like hte one in Vegas you would suspect the FBI, CIA, NSA to get names and then pounce on them the moment they were alone, however, the feds go undercover to (yet somehow the hackers know), and basically want to know what kind of damage can be done. Now most computer hackers are fairly descent when they want to be, but when you have "stupid reporters" like this one trying to be sneaky, your making the situation worse for everyone else by doing so. So hopefully reporters won't be as dumb as she iwas and accept a very rare invitation from people who don't want their faces on TV, or rather a medium to large group of people who don't want there faces on tv.

SOURCE

Here

Well its amazing what hackers can do nowadays. I didnt know before that just file sharing lets em into your computer, although the bigest suprise for me was how an IP address could be used to track someone: I dont really like it how mine shows everywhere :P Its scary to know everyone can find you.Theres enough jokes about hacker conventions, but this is a serious question... If they spend so much time on the internet and making better firewalls/hacking them wouldn't it be safer to just have a conference on the internet? I mean seriously, they got the knack of internet security better than the government probably. It seems stupid to expose themselves out in the open. Of course, I'm sure the best of them don't get out much so it must be good to have some air. :PI feel for the reporter though, and how her on media buddies let her name 'slip'. Weird how the hacker guys knew though... :S