xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
indiatunes

Five Point Someone By Chetan Bhagat My Favourite Book

Book Name - Five Point Someone

Author - Chetan Bhagat

In the Introduction Writer says thanks to Mr. Bill Gates For for giving such a wonderful text editor MS Office!

This is a story of 3 Engineers and their life at IIT (A Famous Engineering Institution in India).It tells you about how these people screwed their life in between and how they managed to get out of everything. It also tell you about the fun they had in the college.Right from the fist year to the last...

There are two facets to every great system : ? the glory of being great, the applause, the success, the sheer exultation of having arrived. It?s cost you blood, sweat and tears but you know this is what you worked for and now is your..

Just Read and then Write Your Thoughts Here. :P

Notice from Plenoptic:
Make sure it's your "own" thoughts and not published anywhere else as well. Copied from http://www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/F-reviews-925044233
Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

Well, to put it in one word I thought the book is PATHETIC!The story is good. A shocker for most of us to get an insight into the happenings at the IIT. I used to think IIT must be a paradise for the brainy lot. But the truth seems to be completely different!!But the book is not at all well written! You cant swear all the time in your book. The book if full of F*** OFFs and more F*** OFFs (all unsensored though). I call it inability to express anger. Take any book from the Potter series. The book is full of heated conversations - Potter vs Molfoy, Potter vs Snape .....But you may not find a single swear word. Rowling really expresses anger well.Personally I feel expressing anger is one the hardest emotion to express in writing and Chetan Bhagat fails miserably at it!!!

Opinion

Five Point Someone By Chetan Bhagat

Replying to angad619See I'don't think its the inability to express anger...Rather the author has tried to put the conversation in the right way as it happens in real life...And nothing else...In our normal conversation we don't try to express our expertise in vocabulary by using GOOD words we go for straight forward ones!

I absolutely enjoyed the book because it shows a truly lighter but deeper side in the minds of growing men. It was recommended to me by a book store owner because he knew about my love for books. I was quite honestly expecting a really sober indirect view on how things work but was completely taken back by what I saw. I will have to disagree with you angad, muted anger is really easy to express as Rowling IS writing through the eyes of a teenager and is keeping in mind that book sales would not be good if cuss words were found in a PG book. But Chetan Bhagat is shows us a more frank side to the language of today. I will admit, i too have a habit of using varied versions of the F word but it is only when I am with friends or with my family.

Five point someone book is nicely written. Something that happens in college life. Most of the engineering colleges. Some good things that i found interesting : Hostel and dorm room life. Bunking lectures, and falling in love with girl. :XD: Quite normal and happens with most of the guys and girls in engineering college. :lol: Very few stories succeed and almost every story started like this fails. Anyway, coming back to the topic, book is nicely written. Good for one read. I willn't re-read it in leisure time.

But i must say "Three mistakes of my life " book by chetan bhagat is much better than this "Five point someone". "One night at call center " book was also good but i don't understand what made it such hype and it is going to be movie on that ?

Five point someone book is nicely written. Something that happens in college life. Most of the engineering colleges. Some good things that i found interesting : Hostel and dorm room life. Bunking lectures, and falling in love with girl. :) Quite normal and happens with most of the guys and girls in engineering college. :XD: Very few stories succeed and almost every story started like this fails. Anyway, coming back to the topic, book is nicely written. Good for one read. I willn't re-read it in leisure time.

But i must say "Three mistakes of my life " book by chetan bhagat is much better than this "Five point someone". "One night at call center " book was also good but i don't understand what made it such hype and it is going to be movie on that ?

I did read One night.... and I too did not understand the hype, maybe it was because of the back cover which mentioned that the person got a call from God.. And then obviously it turned into a "hep" book which resulted in every one wanting a copy :lol: I plan on getting Three.... soon. But overall he seems to be an ok author who makes reading simple and easy. He gets you chuckling but lacks that deeper sense of humor or wit.

Five Point Someone is really just an ordinary book with too much hype around it :( There have been many books like this one - students enter a college, narrate their experiences, end up dreaming and falling (with a few f*** words thrown in) and of course, girls. Maybe it's because the book is set in IIT that many people talked about it, and bought it. The author used a lot of Hindi words in the book without bothering to give their translations, then why did he write the cuss words in pure English? :angel: And if I'm not wrong, he continues this style in the other two books as well. The other day I picked up Three...... at a bookstore and right there in the first chapter there was an f**** word peeping out. I've had enough with one book and am in no mood to read how some characters use the same words in differently structured sentences to express their anger!Still, I think it is because of this style of writing that so many books have been sold. Do people like this style because they would never dare to vent out their feelings in this manner? Only they know.

My take on his StyleFive Point Someone By Chetan Bhagat

I saw my friends writing/throwing/typing their emotions fingerly. So, I felt an itch on my left belly to type what I feel about Mr. Bhagat and his style.

* One comment before I say anything; I have read very few novels & writers are Sidney Sheldon and Chetan Bhagat.

Mr. Bhagat's quality that I like is the way he connects his story to the real life issues. 3 mistakes is wonderful as it connected Gujarat & thereby characters to the incidents of 2001. Ditto with 5 and 1.

But, I think, may be many people think, at hindsight at the end, what actually the writer did here?Telling people which they already know!!

The answer is the way he fabricates the dialogue. Just now, I read excerpt & etal of 2 states. Its again gotta be a hit.

Problem with his so far novels is that one has to live and think of life 8-12 years ago I.E. Chetan's IIT, IIM time. But I hope we would reach closer to 2003-04 this time.

He is reducing Gap b/w reality and Novel's Time frame by 1 year with every next novel. Which suggest Chetan would become a total Fiction writer after 5 more Novels!!

After, 5,1,3and 2 I guess the Prime number 7 would Lead the Title of Next Novel.

Long Live Chetan to write a complete fiction novel for me to read.

(Sabka Bhala ho aur Mera bhi)

-reply by Chahat Thakkar

Five Points is of Full Five PointerFive Point Someone By Chetan Bhagat

I Thank the writer who has given the book with superb ease. He made me remember my Hostel days which is one and the same. 

The Five PoiNter is Really a story for a depressed  people who stayed in the hostel for Years and came back home for nothing. The true lines for one who loves their parents by heart but fail to express them infront. This book is a nice story for those who wants to enjoy reading. Chethan is really superb.

Thank U Mr.Chethan Bhagat...!!

-reply by Shivaprasad B C

Bhagat(CB) isnFive Point Someone By Chetan Bhagat

I agree totally with angad619.C.B can't express anger so much like Rowling or even Sheldon(in some of his books) He has that simple, easy-to-read style of writing and a little connection with reality is what makes his books a hit. Jefferey Archer's books don't get so much deserved attention as do CB's books. Why's that?

-reply by kedar

Amezing book...Five Point Someone By Chetan Bhagat

I really like the book of the "five point some one" and "One night @ call center..."

Now I want to read and download "The 3 mistakes of my life & 2 states..."

-reply by KULDIP