xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elaks

Image Board Software With Password. Image Board with user login.

Now- not that I'm naming any boards in particular (FOURCHAN) but the "Futallaby" image board software really appealed to me. One problem- you have to be Anonymous (Or root admin). What I'm looking for is the same basic structure (Start a topic with an image) but with a user system in place. I've had a look around but the demand for anonymous only boards is too great. Help me Xisto!

I personally hate what ends up festering in those boards, but I do know that whatever the *chans run, it is a custom CMS. Flatforum already has threading, anonyimity, and an admin CP that doesn't require a user system + spam control. The thing it lacks is the hybrid view which 4chan uses, attatchment abilities, et cetera. This is what you need to implement to make the board a *chan. Heck, if you want you could probably try emailing moot and he might give you the CMS. After all, look at how many chans there are.Of course, if you don't want to go the free road I believe that Invision Power Board 2.x or vBulletin would be good as they both have hybrid views integrated into their software. You just need to set it up right, make a good template, and slightly modify the board to require images, but before doing this look at the license, as you might have something voided or legally you are unable to do this.

Yes- I have slightly given up hope. The solutions simply outway the problems, I will mostly likely resort back to IPB and VB. Thanks for the help- and for the record; I am not a fan of any chan, or the child pr0n that ends up in /b/. Thanks again. :P

*chan boards are nothing more than uploading pics with comments...as I understand it.But you want to control spammers by allowing login process, right? Or disable login sometimes...Coppermine is PHP+SQL photo gallery script that is popular with any forum boards. The design of Coppermine allows you to integrate the album, gallery, single picture easily to any web page.CuteNews can be somewhat similar. A user can login and start a topic by uploading a picture (with permission grant from admin) and the comment box can be altered to custom to behave like follow up post (in fact, it's more like a follow up comment). Comments can be logged in required or anonymous. CuteNews is flat file CMS.

Yeah- it's not so much a gallery, literally I just wanted a forum with images at the start of topics (It's not necessary but it's fun when they're of cats say 'Wazzup?' and such). I can probably just mod IPB, I have a license and sites are bursting at the seems with home brewed hacks. Thanks for the help anyway.