xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
misterhh

Oh God I Hate Ipod. Oh god I hate iPod.

for four years now, i have been stuck with the lousiest MP3 player on the market, the iPod. It doesnt support drag-and-drop and forces you to use the bulky, frustrating, proprietary software. It also has EXTREMELY inflated the price of any electronics product with a lowercase i in it's name, especially those made by apple. Lastly, there are so many great alternatives that people underrate because the iPod is so popular.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified.

WHAT!!??? You mean to tell me CD players are outdated? Mine still works good, and I have that cassette attatchment that I can plug into the cassette player in the car and listen to all my favorite songs. OK, so it doesn't work too good on bumpy roads, but hey, at least I'm not still using 8 tracks, lolololol :P

Be thankfull you have an iPod. The software isn't that hard to use, honestly. So if you can't use iTunes there is something wrong with you :P And the iPod does more than the avrage mp3 player, and the music is a higher quality than most mp3 player formats. you're just ungreatful, thats all.

Lastly, there are so many great alternatives that people underrate because the iPod is so popular.

Name a couple of 'great alternatives.' I like iPods for it's durability and plus, from model to model, they haven't raised the prices. If fact, you get more for you buck.

Model - Year - Price

First - 2001 - $399, $499

Second - 2002 - $399, $499

Third - 2003 - $299, $399, $499

Fourth - 2004 - $299, $349, $399, $449

Fifth - 2005 - $299, $399

Each model growing in gigabytes for the same price seems very generous to me.

Since October 2004, the iPod has dominated digital music player sales in the United States, with over 90% of the market for hard drive-based players and over 70% of the market for all types of players. During the year from January 2004 to January 2005, the high rate of sales caused its U.S. market share to increase from 31% to 65% and in July 2005, this market share was measured at 74%.

(Source: http://appleinsider.com/article/?id=1770)

I think Apple is doing quite nicely :P

Notice from rvalkass:

Any material copied from another site MUST be placed in Quote tags. Sales data copied from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod.

The iPod is just a fancy way of saying "a hard drive with software that plays music". Apple's only doing nicely, beause people buy this marketting ploy to make it sound like some advanced piece of technology bull *BLEEP* with a spoon. The entire premise of Apple's marketting is to target people who don't know how to use computers. That's why the Mac's interface is usually like a Playskool keyboard, whereas Windows is a Piano, and Linux is an advanced Mixmaster DJ table.

The iPod is just a fancy way of saying "a hard drive with software that plays music". Apple's only doing nicely, beause people buy this marketting ploy to make it sound like some advanced piece of technology bull *BLEEP* with a spoon. The entire premise of Apple's marketting is to target people who don't know how to use computers. That's why the Mac's interface is usually like a Playskool keyboard, whereas Windows is a Piano, and Linux is an advanced Mixmaster DJ table.

I just want to make it clear that I'm no fan of Apple, but I think you'll find Macs are far superior at music creation. I agree that Macs are hardly the main choice for people looking to program, but be fair- they have created a very easy to use service. They target it at people who don't know how to use computers because they're incredibly smart. I'd much rather Windows would take that approach than allow people access to all the core Processes and lay the source code wide out in the open for software. That's what computers should now be made for- business men who use it for nothing but Word and Excel. IPod is very good at allowing people with little computer knowledge to use an Mp3 player (Not that most players aren't easy to use), they same can't be said for anything by Linux, but that's a strange comparison of Os's.. :P

I find cellphones that support music, ect. superior to the Ipod. And honestly the Ipod's interface is so damn simple and redundant it's annoying, like it was made for complete retards.

I find cellphones that support music, ect. superior to the Ipod. And honestly the Ipod's interface is so damn simple and redundant it's annoying, like it was made for complete retards.

But isn't that a good thing. This product was aimed; not at omputer programmers, but at people who like music. If anything I'm sick of Mp3s with such complicated layouts- having it so simple is fantastic from a design perspective. Also; what does the interface matter, it's just for listening to music?

If anything I'm sick of Mp3s with such complicated layouts- having it so simple is fantastic from a design perspective

If it takes you more than 30 seconds to figure out this advanced mp3 layout, then there's a bigger problem than you think. I was hoping you'd figure out that with a better layout, menus and navigation could be used more efficiently. It would be like Alienware shipping out some Playskool keyboards with their top-of-the-line gaming computers for "simplicity" instead of huge and complicated keyboards. After a while, you'd wish it was not so simple and didn't needlessly waste so much time. The whole point of advanced menus and layouts is for you to get used to them, therefore making it as efficient as possible.

This product was aimed; not at omputer programmers, but at people who like music.

That's nice to know. And I program games :P . Edited by dre (see edit history)

It doesnt support drag-and-drop and forces you to use the bulky, frustrating, proprietary software.

You don't have to use their software. I hear certain Linux distros, like Ubuntu, support mounting your iPod and you can drag and drop your files in there. There's also something interesting about Linux that you might wanna read: iPod Linux; well, at least i found it interesting. :P

It doesnt support drag-and-drop.

If you're talking about uploading music, yes it does. You just have to set it to "manually upload my music". And I don't think the iPod is bad. The navigation with the click wheel isn't great but I can easily live with it. It does exactly what I want it to do and I have had no problems with it for the couples years I've had mine. And as truefusion said, if you don't like the software, just install linux. I like it just fine.

oh my gosh you are complaining about something that is amaizing. you really do not know how good you have it. and seriously itunes cannot be that hard to figure out.i only wish i had an ipod.hey you should give me yours.i am serious. i want it. :P

I'm no fan of mac but...The iPod is made for simplicity. I by far rather my choices since they're more well informed and do more and i'm bothered to learn how to use them.I now prefer phones with MP3 support over mp3 players in general. They play music, i can put it in my pocket without any worry.Now the iPhone is honestly a joke in my opinion. You pay that much to get half the features of a phone the same price made by say Nokia or SE. The 3 things its got going for it are a) its apple, :XD: big screen, c) touch screen.