xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
conal

Help! Windows Installer

Whenever I start my computer I get a message about windows installer. I click cancel again and again. After about 10 times the message goes away but it is still tedious to put up with. Once it is gone, I can continue with my regular routine.At the bottom of the screen, where the windows installer tab thing appears, Microsoft Word appears first then Windows Installer overlaps the tab/window thing (I don't know what they're called).

This website should point you into the right direction on how to fix this problem, and although it has to do with opening applications, the solution should still be useful when booting your computer.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This website should point you into the right direction on how to fix this problem, and although it has to do with opening applications, the solution should still be useful when booting your computer.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, I couldn't quite get it to work. I'm not sure where to get the Instmsi.exe file mentioned in the tut but I have a Windows Installer 3.1 v2...Which apparently was only an update?

I tried the temp folder and the c:/temp/filename.exe \c thing anyways but it still didn't work. I was only prompted with the setup of the installer and a display of some switch commands.

Thanks for the help :P
More help would be greatly appreciated :P