xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
toxic_bomb

Invalid Counter Strike Cd Key Error... how to resolve invalid cd key error..plz help

hey i have made a cs 1.6 server bt when i connect to this server.....it gives error invalid cd key if any one knos how to resolve this error plz post an fast...

Notice from Plenoptic:
Editted title to better fit topic.
Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

hey i have made a cs 1.6 server bt when i connect to this server.....it gives error invalid cd key if any one knos how to resolve this error plz post an fast...

er yeah, are you using a "borrowed" copy of counter strike? or one that maybe someone has installed on their comp somewhere else?For example, it might be a second hand copy or "illegal" download or a friends copy that you thought it'd be okay to "share"?

Basically you will have to buy another copy of the game. It's only like Ł5 now, so I say just go over to amazon and order it now. If of course you decide it's worth it. Your computer might not be up to hosting very well anyway. You'll get a far better performance just playing with friends on someone else's server...

Just a reminder that discussing Hacks or any illegal methods for pirating software or music is strictly against the Xisto rules and will be dealt with accordingly.In the meantime, good luck with your problem.

Another reason you could have that error, although it is the same thing, the CD-Key gets reported it usually gets locked out and so you have to basically get a new game.

emm, try searching the faqs from the cs website, there is a tiny and i mean tiny chance that a 'person' 'got' your cd key but maybe you bought it from a garage sale?

I actually bought a copy of the game Counter Strike Source and its telling me that the CD KEY is invalid....impossible!!!! I didn't download it for borrow it or buy if it from a gage sale....I walked into best buy, picked it up, and checked out....so it is physically impossible that the CD KEY is invalid!-moebob24

I bought CSS one day.. installed it... and the Cd Key was duplicated.. i read the whole steam support before i found out what to do.. after two weeks they sended me another Cd Key....