xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cj-real

Top Tips When Opening An (online) Business Remember

1). Always plan. you need to be sure about what you are doing, and how you are going to do it.

- Make sure that it is legal

- Check that people want what you are (selling) to them

- Find out more about what you are doing or selling, become a novice expert in it, so you can answer any question thrown at you

- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE TIME TO DO IT. Whilst it might sound fun to have an internet business on the sideline... when people start to get impatient and it is down-rated, you are wasting lots of money in profits.

2). Make sure you have, or can find the requirements to make your online business.

- If you arn't a webdesigner, make sure you can find the necessary elements from seperate companies, that will build it for you.

- YOU MUST HAVE FULL CONTROL over your website. Don't get hosted with companies that don't register the domain in your name... etc.

- Have the skill to do it. You don't want to make an expert technical computer support site, and not be able to answer any questions...

3). Don't go rushing ahead. It might sound pleaseant to buy your domain (and) hosting before you know exactly what you are doing, yet when you can't get it off of the ground, then you will have wasted money. There are a few people I know who bought resellers, and paid hundreds over the year, without a single customer.

- Plan where you will advertise (if you are going to)

- Plan the customer support systems

- Plan the website design and customer panels

- Plan every scrap of website page to make sure you are fully in control of every account.

Lastly... and most importantly...

DON'T MAKE A BUSINESS THAT YOU WILL HATE RUNNING!

You will no doubt shut it down soon-after. Plus make sure you have the time!

Thanks,

CJ

Lastly, please visit Ezyrewards better for US people, but completely amazing for anyone, even international. You can get free domains and hosting from there!

Edited by cj-real (see edit history)

I think the most important thing is that you know what you're doing. I think it's especially important that an online business owner must understand webmastering and design, or else they'll have to rely on someone else to do the work, and that costs a lot of money.

I think the most important thing is that you know what you're doing. I think it's especially important that an online business owner must understand webmastering and design, or else they'll have to rely on someone else to do the work, and that costs a lot of money.

So...what your really saying is...control your money and make sure you get off ground.

So...what your really saying is...control your money and make sure you get off ground.

I think he is kind of agreeing that it's no use opening, say, ebay, and then not being able to administer it, causing fraud and then you will be shut down. Someone else will TAKE your idea!

Also make sure you get expert with your hosting an go with a host that looks professional and which has a good track record - doesn't have to be a big company like 1&1. You will find smaller is usually better.