xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mandyyx

Nintendo Wii : Is It Worth Buying?

I've been debating the issue whether or not I should get a Wii. I've used one, or several, at my friends' houses. What are the ups and downs of this console?

well, there are many topics about the wii already, but I might as well post anyways. I think it's totally worth it. It's affordable, small, and revolutionary. The controls are unlike any other system you could get and are definitly the main topic of talk about the wii.Some advantages are that the wii gives you excersize in some games (not all are full of excersize), such as wii sport. So when your playing your working out too (though, don't replace your excersize room with it, at least, not until you get wii fit). It's also a very family oriented system. Unlike other systems, you actually want to play with your freinds and family on it rather than keeping it to yourself. It's also got a very comfortable home screen where you can move all the channels around too. It's also a very light system and easy to carry.Some downsides are that the wii remote batteries don't last too long, I would suggest rechargable batteries or you can get some recharge packs for the wii remote (I saw some at walmart, pretty neat, but i already have rechargable batteries). Also, there are not many online games for the wii yet, as of now, I can only name pokemon revolution, but there are more coming out. Packing isn't all that fun (but I don't think any of the other systems are fun to pack either). It's definitly not a system for hardcore gamers (they always complain about graphics).Hope this review helps, but next time read other reveiws, there's millions.

Well, I think that would depend on what type of gamer you are and what games you like to play. My husband would much rather just sit and relax when he plays his games, he's not interested in exercising. And we don't usually have company over because there's really not a lot of parking space, so party games - the coolest Wii feature - are kinda lost on us. We already had a GameCube that we gave to our niece since we never played it, so the fact that it's backwards compatible isn't a selling point either. But my parents got one because we have a lot of family parties at their house.
I have to admit, it's really fun playing the Wii and I think it will only get better as they learn to really utilize the technology. There's a website called Wii Have A Problem that shows some of the drawbacks of the very interactive gameplay. Luckily, we've never broken a strap, but we've had some issues with nearly punching each other or some other innocent bystander.

I have all three next-gen consoles so I think I may be of some help. The Wii is actually my favourite out of the three. The reason is because it's just much more fun. Even though I spend more time on my 360 I have much more fun playing the Wii. The games for me are more interactive and some can even getg you some exercise. But if you are a hardcore gamer this isn't much of a system for you. So basically if you are looking for a system that you can have loads of fun with, then yes the Wii is worth money.Also its only 300 bucks. :P

Two words. Probably Not. I mean realy. Have you ever seen that website? Wii Have A Problem? Well it is this website about how people are destroying there tvs or Wiis, controllers, walls, themselves, and friends or family with the Wii. Most stories are true. And this one really funny fake video you got to see it. But back to the point go ahead and buy it. *Cough* Its your funeral.

I don't like the wii. Why not just go outside and actually play baseball or something? Wii sports and Wii Play are terrible. The other games aren't that great either. They are too easy. If you just want to move your controller around and go through games really fast and you like party games more then actual gameplay then get it.

Edited by shadowlusterx (see edit history)

Nintendo's always had their consoles more entertaining. Who cares about graphic rendering when your gameplay is absolute crap? The 360 has entirely too many glitches and Sony hasn't exactly been creative ( SIX AXIS, anyone? Haha. ).

For some people the Wii's is like a piece of heaven. For some people it's something that sucks worse then the games that had glitches and stuff for the PS3. Notice I said "I don't like the Wii." not "The Wii is a bad console.". I know some people that like the wii, others that like the PS3. The companies aren't stupid, they just target different audiences. Wii for family game players, PS3 for people that use their system for a lot of stuff other then gaming, and Xbox360 for the people that want really good online play games and the games that Xbox offers. And graphics do matter. Would you like a movie with terrible effects and costumes and stuff? If you have good enough graphics button mashing becomes fun. Heard of Genji. It has terrible controls, the bosses and fighting and stuff sucks. But it still gets an average rating. Because it looks really cool.

Edited by shadowlusterx (see edit history)

People are always coming up with 'It's not graphics that count' as a comeback for support of the Wii. Yeah- what usually follows that statement is about gameplay, but these games are neither new or fun.I've tried one at my friends house and am currently bored with it. All the games have to be taylored to something you might play on Newgrounds. Everything is a party game; no good FPSs, no good RTSs, no good racing games, no good skill games. I would highly recomend against this console; compared to it's counterparts it has failed the race.

It's worth it. It can be really fun in a sword or shooting game because your not just sitting on the couch pressing buttons, you actually get to control your character easily. Also, in some games you can actually break a sweat if you play it long enough because fo all the movement!

I say yes. The wii to me is the best console out there. Wii is fun and you do more than just pressing buttons. It is reallly fun way more fun than the other consoles and its cheaper too. I go for the most fun item. Who cares if it has good graphics because if its not fun thens its basicly useless, so I say yes. The only problem I have with the Wii is because you may hit someone and tough if you have a small space. but it is totally worth it!

Notice from rvalkass:
Merged double post.

I believe it is worth buying. The graphics are awesome and you use a remote instead of a controller. The only downside I know of is that you gotta get used to the remote :XD: but other than that, yes, it would be worth buying.

I bought it purely for Super Smash Brothers Brawl and the new Zelda. It's pretty cheap and I'm definitely not a real console player unless there's 'Super Smash Brothers' included in the title.WiiSports is pretty cool though, for about a week. I would buy Xbox360 instead though if your a console fan.

Okay, I've had my Wii for 8 months now...and it's getting better and better,Especially if you get it hooked up online. You can surf the web,check out the weather, message friends, and of course...play online! They're getting a great stable of games too...Metroid Prime 3, Legend Of Zelda Twighlight Princess, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, and The Rayman Rabing Rabbids series. The motion sensing controls are great at times, and crappish at times...it all depends on which game you play it on. As far as the price goes, it's a steal. I have a Wii and I don't regret it one bit...It's worth it.

I've been wondering this myself for a while... and there's a couple things that have stopped me so far. I'm not really much of a gamer, and though it sounds like fun, I'd probably just end up watching other people use it. For me, I'd love to get up there and actually feel like I'm part of the action (and I'm not sure just how real it might feel since you're creating the actions yourself), but at this house, the only place that we could set one up is in the living room, which is (of course!) right behind a large window that faces the street through which everyone would be able to see me looking like a goof ball. Maybe other's wouldn't think much of it, or think, cool.. I have one of those... or wow, I wish I had one, but I'd still be too embarrassed to really enjoy it in the location that it would have to go.Then again, I've also heard that the game play isn't anything all that special, and that there are so many better games for the other systems... that it sort of puts a damper on my idea to get one. The other problem (and this is true for all the systems) is the cost... I don't know if I could shell out that kind of cash for something I might not enjoy. I've never played it myself, so I don't know just how much I'd like it. I think I'd really have to go out there and play around with someone's so that I could better decide whether or not it's the gaming system that would make me happy that I bought it.I think that if it was able to go somewhere that people couldn't watch me, and if the price didn't phase me too much then I'd probably have gotten the gaming system already. But for now, I think I'll hold off and see what the second generation of Wii is like. Perhaps they will have taken people's complaints to the drawing board by then and come up with an improved version of the system. Plus then they'd have time to work out the little glitches, probably offer more and better games that would have higher quality graphics and better controllers to play with.