xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

A Cat Who Can Predict Death's

Although I have read and saw this before, it is interesting that another Cat is playing the role of the grim reaper once again. So far this cat has predicted, if you want to call it that, 25 people who would die a couple of hours after he would arrive and sit there and wait. So far no explanations as to why the cat does what it does of course one person comment that the warm blankets that are being used is what attracts the cat to them, but I don't believe it that much since it has been reported that both cats and dogs have played this role before.

Cat Story

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

That's pretty scary but cool at the same time I guess. I guess it can tell when the patients start to not feel well at all and are starting to change. So I'll keep that cat next to me my whole life and then once it starts to run up against my leg I'll start to say my last words and what not. Pretty interesting how it can tell they are changing and close to death.

If Oscar really is a furry grim reaper, it's also possible his behavior could be driven by self-centered pleasures like a heated blanket placed on a dying person, Dodman said.

That would be kind of odd if that was true but I guess people think he is showing compassion for them. I guess if they were to find what genes or whatever caused the cat to do this maybe they could reproduce more and see if that works too but if they only have 4 or less hours to live then not much can probably be done, especially at a nursing home but maybe call up relatives of that person to view them in their final hours.

I doubt that it's the blanket thing since the nurse said the one patient was prepped for death much earlier than the actual time of death and the cat didn't hang around the patient until about 2 hours before the patient died. Animals are much more sensitive to the surrounding environment and have better senses than we humans. It seems as though the cat was raised in the nursing home, so he's been around sick and dying people for most of his life. Our bodies probably emit some sort of chemical when we get closer to dying that the cat can smell or sense otherwise.

that's weird. cats are usually protectors of lives in myths. maybe that meant the other way around. maybe the cat can sense something that is being given off by the near-death patients, like the different scent of sweat or something. but it is kinda freaky. at least people don't have any hard feelings directed towards him, some people might confuse the situation as the feline that causes death, but merely the harbinger of death.i only know of cats as familiars to witches in the witch folklores. but i don't really know if they bring negative energies or curse others of death.

Its odd that it seems a cat could predict death. Maybe it can sense intense sickness, or maybe it can detect a process that happens to the human body before death. If we could see it too, we could tell people when to write their wills right on time.

I read about this a couple days ago. It's very interesting, it's also comforting, at least to me it is. I would like to know if my relative was about to die, even if it were a cat telling me, if it had a streak like that I would definitly believe it. It's just another one of those things that shows you just how much more intune animals are to nature than we are. It is pretty amazing.

How dare you I was just about to post this! :P Yes if we are talking about the same Cat. Oscar! Me and my family saw this on the News. I believe that animals sense is different then ours they sense different things. Like Cows lying down before it rains. There is no Grim Cat :P And also I would like to add. Keep that Cat off of my bed!!!! :P

I believe Oscar's story for I have had similar experiences with tow of my pets :1. My grandfather had fallen sick in the middle of the monsoon season, he had a fever and a bit of weakness. He had the fever for a day or two( He would normally get a fever that lasted at least for two days) We were not that worried. On the night of the second day my mom decided to take him to the hospital the next morning. That night my dog refused to sleep in my grandfather's room which is very unusual for she never leaves my grandfather's side. She just sat in the master bedroom shivering, looking scared and believe me or not, there were tears in her eyes :P I warned my mom to be prepared for anything unusual and we made my bro sleep close to my Grand dad's room.The next morning we found out that he had passed away......2. This had happened before I was born: We had a tabby cat called Romy who would sleep on our couch all the time. We had two couches so he slept on one of them and the other couch was my dad's spot for he loved sitting on that couch when he would come back from work... This was a regular sight to see my cat to sleep on one couch and my dad on the other.... After some time my cat suddenly changed his usual spot and started sleeping only on my dad's favorite couch...Never left it and would hiss at my dad when he came near it... My Grandparents along with my parents started getting suspicious about his behavior and checked the couch for anything unusual and it was later found that black magic was the cause and somebody had tried hexing my dad so that he would face a loss in his hotel business. I guess my parents had a professional remove it and purify the house but I do not think that it was necessary for Romy had already started dying..From the time he started sleeping on the couch he had started losing weight and his flesh had started peeling off. He died a few days after the hex was removed.I know some of you are skeptical and might point out that maybe he got a virus or something, but that cat never fought with other cats nor did he ever leave the house :P Well these were my experiences..Another incident in my life left me trusting my animals more than usual and I always listen to them and combine it with my gut feeling. :P

Man first the dogs that can smell cancer then the cats that can predict death whats next? some bird that can mind control cats?This is really creapy maybe the cat is possesed? they should give the cat an exorsism, anyhoo animals' feelings have always been better than humans' like the animals can predict natural disasters and so on and so on

Haha yeah I am rather sceptical about it all. Animals can sense things though that is for sure.Our rabbitt knew that my mum was pregnant with my brother and he would continually jump on her stomach, it was rather amusing.

lol! Last night I was watching Jay Leno... and is his opening gig when he makes jokes he brought of this cat. I am going to paraphrase here..."Im not a doctor or anything, but did anyone think maybe these people were allergic to the cat?"lol thought i'd point that out. made me laugh.

I was just reading the post on how the pyramids were made when I thought about how the Egyptians worshipped cats, even to the point of mummifying them. And then in The Mummy, Imhotep disappears because of the cat. The desert warrior guy says it's because cats guard the gates of death or something. Maybe the Egyptians were right after all...