xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Golden Boy

Where To Meet Girls

hey, im 16 sonn to be 17, and the only thing missing in my life is a gf. Ive never really had one, ive gone out and stuff but i was really too picky growing up and none were good enough. Now ive changed, and been open to anyone really but i dont know where to meet girls. Main problem is i got an all boys school. :D Im also busy with work,school, working out, and just hangin out with the guys. I dont have a problem talkin to them once im introduced, its just i dont know were to meet them, and what to say in unique settings to introduce myself. At first im shy but then im themost outgoing person you can find, i guess what im asking is what are good places to meet girls, talk to them, but not seem like ur a weirdo desperate for a date who will ask them out anywhere.Oh and meeting a girl without a wing man, guys u know what a wing man is, is really hard for me bc ifeel more onfident and less shy when i haev one of my buddys behind me, any ideas on how to do it solo????And i dont mean in a club, thats a spot where any guy can get a girl, i mean in real life,thanks

Bars are the classic place where people hook up, though it looks like you're too young for that yet. If you can't meet with people there, the next best place might be a mall in the Food Court or Clothing stores. When you're a little older and going to college, the campus might be a nice place. Try your neighbourhood as well. If you are a person who can write, you could even try MySpace, or Facebook. I've been too content with being a hermit of sorts, so I'm trying my best from an old friend's advice.

yea bars n clubs r no goes, n college is a year away so ideas for now. The mall is a good idea but wat do i say right off the bat, thats wat gets me everytime. I like it wen im introduced to someone n start the convo, how do u talk to a stranger and not look creepy or have an awkward moment??

Having gone to a single-sex high school myself, I know how difficult it can be to socialize with someone of the opposite sex when you finally do get the chance. Of course, it's easier for girls because high school guys may have more than one thing on their minds, but their bodies tend to be driven by one thing. Anyways, I met my first boyfriend at a school dance and the next through work. However, I found it a LOT easier to deal with guys when I stopped thinking about them as potential boyfriends. I just considered them as potential friends without worrying whether it would lead to a relationship or not. Even if it doesn't go beyond friendship, then you still have a new friend and she might want to set you up with one of her friends!

Not suggested:

I wouldn't suggest going to bars or clubs because they're basically meat markets where you're often judged and found lacking no matter how beautiful, talented, intelligent, and otherwise wonderful you are.

The Internet can also be a little scary because people aren't necessarily the way they portray themselves online, and not just their physical appearance.

If you have a friend with a sister or cousin close to your age, you could try inviting her when you go out as a group, but friends' sisters are usually off limits.

Suggested:

Get a job. Since you don't meet girls at school, try meeting them at work where you can both complain about how terrible your boss is. Even if you don't get a girlfriend there, you'll have some extra money to spend on a plastic, inflatable substitute. j/k

Volunteer. If you volunteer for a cause that interests you, you might find someone who shares your passion, which could lead to something more passionate between you two. It's also the next best thing to a job since you don't get paid, but you'll get valuable (or not so valuable) experience that you can put down on your college applications or resume.

Hang out. Do you love music? Look for free, underage concerts for local bands. You might find a new favorite band and the drummer's sister who was forced to sell T-shirts. Go to a coffee shop on open-mic night and order half a dozen tall, decaf mochaccinos from the cute barista.

I'd recommend just going to places that you are interested in. Use your hobbies and try to mingle with the girls that also share your interests. From then you have a common ground to discuss and get to know each other more.Get pumping!

join an athletics club or something, start working out next to a girl, and talk to her as you do, eventually work your way to a phone number or anything like that. another good place, the mall, see if theres any stores your interested in that other girls are in, and strike up a conversation, sometimes just chillin at a pool can get you a date.

ok so i met a girl at my job, shes not my type but i figure ild give ita shot. So i met her n wewere talking throughout the day bc we were working together, and sometimes the convo was good but it would get interrupted or it was dull, now im good with convo wih women, but something was different bc it was atwork, it felt out of line considering i just started there. Now how do i approach, but not let it get awkward, usually im palyful, joking around, even make fun alittle, but i dont want to do it at work and sem unprofessioanl. So what i wantto know is howdo i show im interested, or better get her interested, without it gettin bad if she says no.Oh and how long should i wait to go to digits, usually ild ask a girl i met at a party or wit friends that day but since i work with her idk. Also good convo ideas for work, we did the interests, music hobbies, basics, which usually is enough for me to go with but bc we kept gettin interrupted, it threw me off to get back to topic.and i dont have alot of hobbies besides friends, working out at my skool gym, and school, so any ideas for hobiestaht would be good with the ladies??im learning the guitar could that help??

and i dont have alot of hobbies besides friends, working out at my skool gym, and school, so any ideas for hobiestaht would be good with the ladies??im learning the guitar could that help??

Don't try and be something you're not just to impress the girls, because the girls that you're trying to impress you won't have a bond or anything that will keep you together unless the relationship is totally based on something like being at school together.

You don't have a hobbie as such, but you have friends, just hang out with friends. You obviusouly go to parties? You'll be amazed who you meet through friends of friend. Working out at the gym, at school, now why didn't I think of that. If you like doing that, then continue, I think you'll find once girls catch on thats what you do, they'll be peeping in the windows just to see with your top off. :P

Learning the guiter, ok so from gym to guiter. I wouldn't change that just for a girl, If they don't like you because of that, then there is there problem to deal with, however Id be very suprised to the point that i'd die if there weren't any girls out that wouldn't like you unless you're some kind of really big pain in the *BLEEP*. So, just continue being you and enjoy your life as you wish, and out of the blue you'll find that special someone.