xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
9block

What To Post About On Trap17?

Well, when I first joined (probably a week ago or something like that) I never had a problem posting topics... lately I've bee posting alot I find topics hard to come by that I want to post about passionately. However, I will tell you a quick story - and it will get to my simple point.I worked yesterday 12:00pm(noon) to 5:30pm... then I went back to work 9pm until 2:00am. Came home, went to sleep, and went back to work at 7:30am until 5:00pm. Couple long shifts... not too bad and so at this point I'm not really tired. But when I came home, I felt like a few drinks... relax type of thing you know. I got a few drinks into me and came on the computer (where I continue to drink at this point)Surprisingly... I am having no problem typing long/quality posts. Now this is due to the obvious: Coke and rum. So my theory is... if you are having problems posting good topics, you just feel you don;t want to type anymore... have a few drinks and OMG! you will want to type your heart out. But then again, you can debate that this is not really a quality post... you decide.PS: I am debating if I should change the topic title to: Do you talk alot when your drinking?PSS: I am not drunk - just having some fun :D (Hope I didnt make an bass of myself... (thats mistyped for a reason))

I would say look into something that can be turn into a tutorial, my computer hardware class is almost over and I have slowly been developing posts around that and then hopefully by august I would have developed a series of tutorials in which a person can build a sweet computer at half the costs, or close to it. Another good thing idea to search around for is look for new articles that can be debatable among the members or in some of the topics I have posted about tech news and computer security, I know I can generate interest if I do enough research about that headline and get into good detail about it. Especially with security issues usually I try and find solutions that will either fix or provide some sort of protection, and that way members on the forum will be aware of the situation.So its a matter of finding that topic and sticking with it, until people will say no more :D.

Isn't it amazing how the brain cells just ooze out when you get a bit sloshed? :DAnyways, I enjoy writing and I'm rather opinionated, so I usually find lots of things to reply to or I start a new thread. Unfortunately, I don't have the vast amount of knowledge that Mike seems to think he's got with his obscene post count. :P But I'd rather write a quality post than look like a tart. I really like reading Plenoptic's posts in the FIR forum. He does a good job of summarizing the article, then giving his opinion of the topic. And there's always something happening somewhere in the world.Or, as Mike suggests, you could try making a tutorial about something that you know how to do. It doesn't have to be computer-related.

If I think long enough, I can always come up with topics. Unfortunately, most of them are weird or just random stuff. I'm not old even to drink, so I don't think I'll follow your advice. Your lack of idea for topics could also be due to the fact that you have 100+ posts in a week. I don't know if anyone has ever done that before :D . But hey, if your loving Xisto that much then keep thinking (and drinking I suppose) and posting!

Isn't it amazing how the brain cells just ooze out when you get a bit sloshed? tongue.gif

lol i love it!

Your lack of idea for topics could also be due to the fact that you have 100+ posts in a week. I don't know if anyone has ever done that before biggrin.gif . But hey, if your loving Xisto that much then keep thinking (and drinking I suppose) and posting!

love it even more! and yea, i see where your coming from - im definately post happy. I think itll ware off and ill probably post once or twice on the daily/bi-daily... and i normally dont drink and post, cause im usually out drinking... not inside on the comp drinking... lol

I'm not old even to drink, so I don't think I'll follow your advice.

lol if it matters anything... im only 17 and dont able to drinking until im 19 (im in canada suckahs!), but still.

yea i dont plan on drinking&posting too ften. It's kinda fun to do so though. Definately getting tired from the lack of sleep, excessive work and boose. So Ima hit the sheets, but ill definately try to remember to post in this topic next time I come home completely buckled. Lol, shoulda done that last week when I came home from bar at 4-5am... you migth see my story in some Harry Potter topic... look around - youll see. (The fact that I can still type proves to you my sobriety level... but the thoughts I am putting out, shows you my non-sobriety level at this point. Hopeyou get a laugh outta this, and as I said before I hope I didnt make a bass outta myself :D

Lates!

I can see that subtlety is lost on you.

I think we need to add "posting" to the list of things not to do while drunk. Others would include:

drunk driving - No matter how many hot, young female celebs do it, you will not land in the room next to them at the rehab clinic.

drunk dialing - Your 87-year-old grandmother does not need to know how much fun you're having at the bar, nor does she want to give you her opinion on your chance of getting lucky tonight. And she probably doesn't know where you can score some pot. But who knows, maybe your nana is cooler than mine.

drunk singing - Although you think you sound better when you're absolutely hammered, your rendition of M.C. Hammer blows bigger chunks than your last homage to the porcelain god.

drunk texting - Poor motor skills and a tiny keyboard don't make a good combination. That text you sent to your ex-boyfriend Dan about how you're the best sex he's ever had, in very detailed terms, just might earn you a very awkward call from Dad wondering what kind of sick joke you're playing and multiple family sessions trying to explain to the therapist that you don't have an Electra complex.

drunk math - as jlhaslip's profile says, "Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive."

Its known when drunk and at a keyboard, the user suddenly knows how to use the language of 'typonese' (geek term), hence just typing dribble and so forth. Also there are also some people that suggest that even Drink-walking home is pretty bad and its suggested that ya either get a lift, or crash the night at some friends (or poor bloke's place). :P

Lol as for the rules being broken... last week was a good friday for me..so ill tell you what were brokenDrunk Driving - never! We actually got a sobre friend to drive us downtown, where he ditched us. So we ended up at a bar.Drunk dialing - I sort of broke this one... i thought (i think i thought) my mom called. I called her and told her where I was (at that time a bar) and she was a curious how the hell they served me.Drunk Singing - We were sitting beside a bookstore after we got ditched, freestylin bout people walking bout... definately a funny sight to see.Drunk Texting - I woke up and couldn't read my texts. I hate when you have to close one eye, and focus with the other eye just to attempt texting, or seeing for that matter.Drunk Math - lol somehow when we tried to pay for the bar tab.. a $10, a $5 and $40 went in from each person... and it was only $35Drunk Walking - Lol, trying running, nailing a wall then falling and messing up ya arm and knees. Good times. As for the walk home, walked to my buddies house on the other side of town, then back to the other side of town home. And I was rarely on the sidewalk and mostly on other peoples lawns.So I almost borke every rule... but luckily not too bad.

*hic*...get REALLy high and watch those creative juices flowing..PS..try NOT to login AFTER getting high.....RIGHTpost whatever is on yer mind.doubts,opinions,views blah blah blah ..it isnt necessary to have a helluva lota knowledge bout computers to post here.....

*hic*...get REALLy high and watch those creative juices flowing..PS..try NOT to login AFTER getting high.....RIGHT
post whatever is on yer mind.doubts,opinions,views blah blah blah ..it isnt necessary to have a helluva lota knowledge bout computers to post here.....

You don't have to know hardly anything to post around here. You can post anything about what you know like about games or if you are interested in new technology you can post in the Technology section. Posting in the "Hot News" topic is pretty easy, just find an interesting news article and you can post a summary of it, what you think about it, and ask others what they think. Or if it is about something debatable you can post that in the Life Talk > Debates section. The Life Talk section is pretty good for that too because you can post about sports you like as well or experiences you've had. There are limitless possibilities as long as they follow the forum guidelines.

Posting in the "Hot News" topic is pretty easy, just find an interesting news article and you can post a summary of it, what you think about it, and ask others what they think.

I wish posting hot news on my website like that would get me more user interaction. Rarely do people comment no matter how interesting it is :P