xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unys

I Use Avast Anti-virus

I think avast antivirus is the best antivirus software, it is free and avilabe for everyone, it scan every thing fast, each page you open, each file you download, and everything thats working on the computer, t is really good, it stops the danger so fast... Try it and let me know

Edited by unys (see edit history)

I currently don't have an anti-virus program so a free one would be nice to have as protection. I've managed to keep my new laptop clean (as far as I know) since I got it back in March but there is always a day when you click the wrong button. From the main web page it says they recently registered their 30 millionth member which I think is pretty impressive, especially if they don't force you to register because that means there are many more users that didn't want to register. I am going to download this program and try it out.

I use avast as well, my favorite and only anti-virus program i use. It catches everything, since i've had it, i've not had one virus (unless you count the low-end ones i make, no worries, they don't spread). I've had several virii downloaded to my computer, but avast caught them all, definitly the best in my opinion.

boot virus

I Use Avast Anti-virus

I was advised by avast to boot scan my computer so I did, but every time I do this boot scan the boot virus is still there and why is it that avast cannot protect our computer in this situation? thank you over all assessment its very good an useful

-reply by boy morillo

This is what I can tell you with my expirience with Antivirus Software: ? Norton do really suck. It's ok to have if you have a quad-core with 4GB memory, coz it is a resource hog. In the other hand it's anoyingly invasive.But the good thing about that is, the anti-phishing filter integrated to the browser is a really a useful feature, that will help you a lot. But overall, the protection Norton offers cannot be said as the best. AVG, was one of my favourites until I found out it didnt' protect me a lot from viruses. I switched to Avast from that after I got couple of viruses with AVG. And Avast has been my antivirus since then :) Greetings.

Avast certainly is the best. My brother had Mac-crap-affee and it just doesnt work properly, it slows the pc down to the point where a virus would be a damn sight faster! Avast is by far the best, and i would never, ever purchase a paid alternative. And if you want anti-phishing stiff get a firefox plugin called Phishtank and get the komodo firewall. It allows e-commerce sites to register themselves with the firewall and then places a seal of approval on the bottom right on the browser that is clickable to confirm its authentic. It's good stuff!

Well, I am using Avira Antivirus personal. It is also free. Previously I used AVG anitvirusfree, but it is lot of resources in my system, it got worse with its 8th version. Then I looked for an alternative and found Avira. I am really satisfied with its protection as well as itsusage of system resources.

Running Spysweeper and Avast Home edition togetherI Use Avast Anti-virus

Am I doing the right thing when I run the latest version of Spysweeper 6 something and the home edition of Avast together?Also I use a keylogger to keep track of where I have been during the day. Avast continues to alert and deactivate it. Is there a website that will show me how to set Avast to ignore this program? Or at least the .Exe file?I have stopped Avast and am just using spysweeper with it's avtivirus turned on. It also finds it and quarantines it. So I have to go there and restore it every day.