xisto Community
amit nigam

C++ General Discussion any problem in c++ shall be discused here

hello guys i have started this topic to share our little experience with this language and could help the needys out there and also to share programs or projects ...take care

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please do not start an empty topic--no actual discussing subject matter. We have dedicated C++ programming language section. Moved.

Ooh! C++ experience... let's see. I started when I was like 12 because I felt bored one day and picked up this book at the library.Learned the language and played around it for a few months and then dropped it because it couldn't do anything interesting at the time.Few years later, came across OpenGL and the gcc and started using it again. I've been using it for almost everything since - until I came acrossassembly of course, but that's a different story. :P

I started learning C++ when I was 13 because I wanted to know more about how computers worked, and I was intrigued by what software really was. After a few VB6 tutorials I felt the whole thing was a bit lame so I tried another language, C++. After that I began a book about making RPGs with DirectX9 and that gave me much more practice with the whole language. By that time I learned other languages as well, which lead me to web design too.

I get in to this language three years back :P . One day I was thinking about how calculate works and figure out I can also make my own calculator by using any of programing language :P . And start thinking about C and later C++. After then I start thinking sorting integer or character and I start learning different feature of C++ like comparison, Loop, Different condition and later OOP in C++ :P . C is cool but I prefer c++ because of OOP. In case of OOP C++ is not perfect but work out. Then it was a break. Now again start C++. And try to implement different Algorithm in C++. Right now I am thinking about Dynamic Programming. If you guys want to give me any kind of support I will be glade. Specially on "Matrix Chain Multiplication". Coz to write programming I got stuck

Well, I started learning C++ in 7th grade when I saw one of my friends' programs she made at IBM. After seeing her program I became interested in programming and my dad had a C++ book that I took up and read whenever I could. After a year, I borrowed my friends OpenGL book then I got one for christmas so by 8th grade I was programming visual applications. I took programming 9th and 10th grade, but it only taught me a few basic techniques, nothing really too helpful since I had already made the final project before school started. Now I still use C/C++ for my games, I never took a real class so my code isn't pretty/efficient, but I have fun while coding.

Hi guys i have got c++ problem can u plz help wth the pre and postfix operators heres an expression :P a=++x+x++ if x=10then a=???plz give the answer and reason if any knows about this i would be thanful to u... :D

Edited by musicmaza (see edit history)

a=++x+x++,,,,if x=10 then a=???

Wait, what? ,,,,? Could you explain that more clearly?

oh thats nothing .the expression goes something like this:a=(++x)+(x++),now here x is initially 10, what I want to ask is the outcome of this expression.It would be also good if you can give me any information about postfix and prefix operations like their precedence and other facts,I really find it difficult to calculate when such expressions are used in a classI don't know but I think that is it true that at someplaces the value of such expression changes due to "change in instance",I have such change in values when they are used in a class.

prefix changes the value of the variable before the expression is calculated,

postfix changes the value of the variable after the expression is calculated.

So in the example a=(++x)+(x++) with x=10,

first, the value of x is incremented by the ++x. So x = 11.

a = 11 + x++. The x++ increments x after the expression,

so a = 11 + 11 = 22. x is now 12.

Now personally, I wouldn't write code out like that unless I was in a rush,

because that just confuses other people who'd read it. This type of devilish

code belongs to schools and obfuscation contests. :)