xisto Community
pollux1er

Design Of A Map With Links

I want to design a map with a link related on each country of the map. If there is somebody who has already done that, let help me to design it or give me a tutorial to train for it.Thanks to all for your help.

jlhaslip, in the sample you provided the image map isn't working properly. Maybe I'm mistaken. I believe a definition is supposed to show when you mouse over the image, but nothing changes when I hover over the image. Maybe I'm mistaken. But back on topic, I think it would be pretty easy to make a map with countries. It might be a little bit time consuming and take a lot of code because of all the coordinates; but it would be relatively easy in Dreamweaver or other programs. Making it in flash might be a better option and a bit more professional. Usually image maps are frowned on anyway.

Reconraider, What Browser are you using? I checked it in FF2, Netscape, Opera, IE6 and IE7 and it seems to be working fine in those Browsers.

Is something like this what you are talking about except perhaps more detailed?
(sorry for the bad example its just the only website that I know of with what I think you mean on it)

If that is so, an image map would be the solution but if you do not have the app that jlhaslip mentioned you might be in for a bit of work plotting coordinates for all of the borders. Try searching image maps in google.

Edit: I just realized that the cannon website actually isn't an image map but is a series of images. If you want the exact borders you would have to use a map otherwize with less accuracy and more time you could just have a bunch of images linking different places like cannon did.

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)