xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Total Lunar Eclipse - August 28

For all those who like to gaze at the stars or the moon, or even those who don't, on August 28th there is going to be a lunar eclipse. That means that the Earth is going to be in between the sun and moon casting a shadow over the moon. You will still see an orange glow around the moon which is what makes it cool. The article says that the west coast of North America will have the best view of the eclipse being able to see it the entire time period. Those in the eastern hemisphere will not see it August 28th early in the morning but rather in the evening of that day.

I hope to have my digital camera by that day so I can hopefully get some good pictures with it. Depends though how it looks. I like gazing up at the sky sometimes and looking at the stars and eclipses are cool to see.

Article: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That's great to hear. I love to do some night-sky observation since i was a child. watching the stars is fun, although i think some people would think it's boring. the sky is mostly clear on our area during normal days so i could see most of the stars compared in the city where there's a lot pollution.too bad we only get to see it at dawn here in my side of the world. good thing lunar eclipses are frequent compared to solar eclipses. at least there's more next year :D

The last time I saw a lunar eclipse was a few years ago on my mom's birthday. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to see this one