xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
9block

America's Army's System Requirements What a joke

I haven't been able to play AA for some time now because the system requirements keep getting worse and worse.

straight from their FAQ... these are the minimum requirements for version 2.8.1

* 3-D graphics card with 128mb memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting
* 2.4 GHz processor or equivalent
* English version of Windows® 2000/XP Operating System with all updates
* 512mb RAM
* 3.5gb of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
* DVD-ROM (not required for downloaded installation)
* Windows 2000/XP compatible system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for video card, sound card, mouse and keyboard)
* DirectX® 9.0
* 100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard
* 56kbps Modem or other network connection

My computer specs...

Radeon 9200 se 128mb video card... so my graphics meet minimum.
AMD Athlon 1800+ (1.53ghz)... so my processor is almost a Ghz too slow.
Winodws XP Profession SP2... good to go.
768mb Ram... good to go.
6.03GB currently free... good to go.
DVD-Rom... good to go (id download anyway)
DirectX9... good to go.
"100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard"?... doubt it, seeing its a Sis700 series built in... but probably shouldn't matter.
Decent internet connection...

So other than my processor being too slow, I find this completely unfair. Now, lets speak of upgrading my processor...

I would have to buy another AMD Socket-A processor, so I don't have to replace my mainboard (motherboard)... after a good 10 minuets searching google for processors that would fit the socket A/462 Pin, I came short of anything. It must be obsolete?

So AA will have to wait until I get a new PC :D

Yes, the system requirements keep getting worse and worse because with every version of America's Army, the harder it is on the system. I've upgraded my computer a few times so I am able to play America's Army. The first time was just a graphics card but then I got some free parts from a friend which was a better processor and motherboard so I was able to play even better on it. So now I should be OK to play it for quite some time. I think the game is worth it, although I don't play it much anymore. At least if you do upgrade, you'll be able to play most other games as well.