xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
masterbob

Wolfenstein

Just to know, i love hoswing off the games i play, but here's a very good one. Wolfenstein Enemy Territory is what is called, Here's one of my videos made by quaky edited by me, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/Here's a big review of the game so you will understand about it more.:

As the year has worn on, and more and more big-name PC action games have slipped into 2002, Return to Castle Wolfenstein has emerged as the only triple-A shooter likely to be released in time for the 2001 holiday season. It certainly has a blockbuster pedigree. It's a sequel to Wolfenstein 3D--id Software's first-person shooter that defined the genre--which was itself a follow-up to the beloved Apple II classic Castle Wolfenstein. Return to Castle Wolfenstein's development actually involved two separate teams, both overseen by id Software. The first team, Gray Matter Studios--which, under the name Xatrix, had previously produced Redneck Rampage and Kingpin--was hired to create the single-player campaign, while a new development house, Nerve Software, concentrated its energies on the multiplayer component. All these factors contributed to some perhaps unreasonably heightened expectations. Now that the waiting is over and the game is out, it can be stated for the record that Wolfenstein's single-player mode is good. It's...good. It's pretty good. But with the faint-praise damning out of the way, you'll be happy to hear that the multiplayer game is outstanding.

Description of the game and how its good and eetc.

Very very good fps. And its free! This is my second favorite fps(next to BF2142). Different classes, very well balanced, and you can rank up! (Ranks are reset every game). Probably one of the best free games out there. Everyone should try it out.

brilliant game for a free one. I always play a little when im at my dads ( he has a better rig than me) so i usually pop on. everyone should play it atleast once if anything. I like the class and levelling systems because when i made a more permanent move on fps i was an mmo man. so it gave me goals to work towards other than just "Capture flag escape with flag and take flag back to base" which can get a little tedious at times in my opinion.

childhood favourate....got it in my cell too!!!!!liked the horror part in Return to Castle .......the rest of the game was kinda sucky and unfair........the enemies werea BIT too tough to cope with with such a limited arsenel...

I'm sure it is quite a good game that I would like to play, but unfortunately I haven't played a Wolfenstein game since the game was called Wolfenstein 3D! I still occasionally play it for nostalgia, but I'd like to get an update like this one to the series since it looks like it's advanced much futher from the days of those 3-D games plauged with numerous physics errors due to the use of 2-D models on a 3-D game (models will not turn, so a nazi will always face you regaurdless of how you strafe. Turning changes the perspective of the models such as the barrels revealing how cheesy the effect reallly is).

Wow... It is free, I will be downloading it in the next few days. Thanks for the info. I love this kind of games, I remember playing quake1 or was it quake2??? The one that had a team fortress version... and no... it wasnt the one in quake 3.. It was really fun being the engineer and hiding your turrets or being the medic and infecting someone with the tropical disease.

Heh, the single player campaign for RTCW is awesome. That's the only game that made me forget to eat for an entire day. Got up at about 8AM, at about 8PM I noticed my hands were shaking. Good times...

It indeed is a very good First person shooter. TBH i have been addicted for a real long time: it just gave me a kick especially when i was on a real high killingspree or i was winning 2vs1 fights or at least fights/battles in which i was outnumbered.Real good game and totally free, great and active community.