xisto Community
altenergy

What Do You Think About The Situation In The Middle East?

Hi,

Why don't you specify more on the topic like what particular situation in the middle east you are interested in.

What do you think needs to be done?

Again please specify what you mean :P Hoping to see more content in this topic

:D

Well, to be honest. I think US & British troops should be withdrawed from Iraq.I'm glad they went in because it was desperately needed to abolish the Saddam Hussien Regime.But - It's time for them to come out now as from my point of view, they've served there purpose and done what they set out to do.I'm sure some people will disagree with me.Ash.

Hi,I might disagree with you here. Take it from a person who lives in the middle east, the middle east will be well of without the US and British troops. Those countries created the problems in the middle east in the first place by their exploitation of its resources and now they're trying to help.

Gosh, which situation in the middle east are you refering to? That whole area seems like a war zone to me. All kinds of fighting and bickering going on between so many different countries. Truely, I don't understand very much of it. But it does seem like they have been fighting over there since forever, so I don't think there is much anybody can do to stop or even slow it down. I'm not sure why they are fighting, and as long as it's been going on over there, I wonder if they even do anymore?

sheepdog,The whole of the middle east is not really in conflict. Remember Dubai? That city from Mission Impossible 3, with the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest tower), the J.W. Marriott marquis (the world's tallest hotel), and the world's largest cake? I think they also have the world's third largest shopping mall. Yes, that's a pretty good place to be with no conflicts of any kind - political, military, civil or anything of the sort. Did I mention that Dubai has no taxes either? And the weather in Dubai is pretty good too. Saying that the middle east is a war zone is like generalizing everybody from asia to have pale skin and characteristics eyes, whereas Indians are from Asia too and they do not usually have any of those characteristics.When referring to the middle east, there is the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan, there's stuff happening in Egypt, and there was the recent issue involving Bahrain Air, let's not forget Syria which has been in the news recently. There is so much happening in the Middle East, but each of the situations is pretty much localized to their regions of occurrence. Within the Middle East, there are so many different places so you have to treat each of the nations within the Middle East as a separate nation before you can figure out where the situation is going.

When the word Middle east is uttered, there is a possibility for the recipient of that word to get terrorized. But actually that is not the fact of today's middle east. Of late few countries in the middle east like Dubai, Qatar etc. have made significant progress in various fields which is not limited to Technology, real estate etc. These oil rich countries have started to invest in various sectors. Now, if you see - Some of the world's best hotels are located in Dubai. Let it be any Cine conference of event, people opt for Dubai to conduct the same. Coming to the other part of the reality. Israel - Palastine. Yes all you hear is BooM ! in your mind. Israel is the ONLY TRUE DEMOCRATIC country in the whole of Middle east. Israel is a Tiny Nation, but surronded by enemies. Israel's neighbours are Egypt, Syria, Palastine Authority, Jordan. Israel has long standing peace treaty with Egypt and Jordan. Recently the new Egyptian President Morsi said that he would reconsider the peace treaty with Israel. However till date that treaty is being upheld. Jordan upholds the peace treaty with Israel. However the other two border, the one near the Golan heights, that is syria and the Gaza/Palastinian Authority border is always crucial and it fills the mind with tension. There is always tension in the Israel Palastine border. There are rockets fired into Israel continuously from the Gaza strip. For a matter of fact, Gaza was under the control of the State of Israel few years back. But as a part of the peace treaty, Israel transferred control to the Palastinian autority. Till date (even today) as i type this post - A rocket was fired at Israel from Gaza which caused heavy damage to a house in Sderot. Recently israel conducted an operation - "Operation pillar of defense" where it uprooted terrorist from Gaza. However the international community misunderstands this as Israel's agression instead of believing that Israel has the right to defend itself. So this is the state at which the Middle east - in particular Israel-Palastine is.