xisto Community
hateheals

How To Wipe Your Hard Disk Completely?

My sugestion1) Boot your computer from Wnidows XP Bootable Disk.2) When Win XP setup asks you where to install the XP. Delete all the partitions that exist. Yeah I know every thing will be lost but thats what you want!3) Then create a new partition of the size you want. Don't create any more partitons.4) Select it to install Win XP on it.5) Then Setup will ask you to format the drive. Select NTFS filesystem and do a full format. [NOT QUICK FORMAT].6) Wait till Windows gets installed on it.7) Boot into Windows. You would be able to see the default view of Windows (just wanted to be lil' geeky!).8) If every things done the way told you will not be able to access the rest of the drive which is not formatted beside C:9) Install an Antiviru that you trust.10) Open up Computer management console and repartition the rest of the left free space.11) Make sure you do a full format on every newly created drive.12) Done!Your computer will be free from any other files beside your win XP's and antivirus."I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILTY IF YOU F**K UP YOUR SYSTEM" <-- This is nessecary

If you want to make sure you get rid of the virus, you could use: http://www.dban.org/

Oh and btw, EVERYTHING will be unrecoverable....even by the government....

After this you should be able to reformat the disk by inserting any operating system disk....

Perhaps I might say this: ONLY use as a last resort, and it may make your hard-disk unusable....

other than that, its a great program :XD:

I don't think it's entirely possible to completely remove all traces of data from a disk. There's always going to be some sort of physical artifact that data was written and if somebody had enough time, there's always a way to recover it.

Wow... no.
I've done a ton of drive wipes. What you just said doesn't make any sense, because Windows won't allow you to delete files that are in use... which would be what you're doing if you even successfully do it that way. Then again, I've never tried that way because it doesn't make any sense for it to work.

Actually you can... you will need notepad and know how to write binary. I will not post the code on here as it could be exploited.

If you save the notepad file as batch file then run it from command prompt in windows you system will get wiped whilst you are still in it.

Rob

Actually you can... you will need notepad and know how to write binary. I will not post the code on here as it could be exploited.
If you save the notepad file as batch file then run it from command prompt in windows you system will get wiped whilst you are still in it.

Rob

Interesting. I would think that Windows would keep you from accessing write privileges to a file if it were in use.

I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know about this. Maybe I'll look it up and try it out one day when I have to do a reformat and reinstall again. :XD: