xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
campusjunk

Anything Like Dreamweaver For Linux

Sory I did not see this, you have Mozilla composer and NVU that are almost the same and they are for biginers. When you learn something more, you can try bluefish quanta screem.So if you are biginer in web desing use NVu if you like to do much things by your own use BlueFish

Please use OPEN SOURCE software, and do not use windows stuff if they are not needed to you. Any Windows program have his Linux twin, so...

Please use CrossOver Office; it has Dreamweaver support.

xboxrulz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heard about that, any linux user there also use it? How the the speed like when you are using emulating software like CrossOver Office or Wine? For Mac, using emulator to run Windows is actually quite slow. If it's slow.. it defeats the purpose of running it in a professional, critical environment.

It's best to run in the native code i think.. hope macromedia and adobe will come out with linux version of their flagged application. Especially for Adobe... since Apple had been eating into their share in fonts manager, video editing and effects software. Linux maybe another door for them. Till then I refrain from using it.

I do support building native support into Linux, but if there's no other choice than emulate them; you need to do it. CrossOver Office is not slow at all. I use it for Internet Explorer (bcause of my internet radio), adobe photoshop, and other office software except Microsoft Office.xboxrulz

Can you use Radio with Firefox, can you use GIMP, which is much better in soma cases than Photoshop (I can not work with photoshop, becouse I am so much useing Gimp, that i forget photoshop), and Ofice, I wouldn't say Open Office, Abiword, Koffice...