xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvalkass

Acer Customer Support Not exactly the best in the world

Acer Customer Service Possibly the worst everAcer Customer Support

Replying to rvalkassI am sorry to hear of your bad experience with Acer customer service. Acer is the worse company when it comes to supporting their product. They will find every excuse under the sun to frustrate your computer repair. They will tell you the problem is all your fault. They will tell you the warranty is void. They will tell you you damaged your netbook. They will then say, send us the unit and for $199.00 USD (I dealt with the Texas, USA office), we will fix it. Well, I sent in my computer and when I got it back the keyboard malfunctioned and there was no audio! What a bunch of BOZOS! Never Again. Never Again. Never again

-reply by D. B. Edwards

Your experience with Acer sucks. I had something I feel is sort of similar, although a little different I guess.More or less I purchased a refurbished laptop and it was full of sticky stuff on the keys (such as someone had put tape over the keys and removed it and it was all full of residue). I called Acer technical support and emailed them (as I find it more efficient to do both) and was told since it was refurbished I would have to contact the refurbisher.I contact the refurbisher and am told since the laptop is not over 30 days old (which, the warranty only lasts 30 days anyways) I would have to return it to the store I purchased it from for a refund (or exchange). Going through all of these mediums literally took hours but it was resolved in the end.Now what bothers me about the situation is that Acer pretty much told me that no matter what problems I have with their system, if it's refurbished they won't deal with the questions (and I need to contact the refurbisher). The group it came from was very small -- I can't remember the name right now but it's a 4-5 person operation -- and they have limited knowledge of the issues aside from physical ones.I guess this is more of a warning than anything -- don't get refurbished Acer laptops!

I too have an Acer laptop and have my fair share of craps from their support centre. Once, I dropped them some emails requesting for help with some issues. I have purposely chose to write and reply to them during office hours. However their response is always late. Not only that, they response ain't helpful at all. Most of time, they are just trying to swat away my enquiries. My next laptop definitely won't be an Acer.

Two weeks ago, I bought an Acer Aspire Laptop 5745G that came with Windows 7 pre-installed. For our project reasons, I had to install Windows XP 32 bit on it. Once installed, I realized that I can not get the Nvidia graphics card to work. So I called the acer support. The transcripts of the acer support staff is located here: 1. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.'>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ summary of the story is that they will not restore your OS if you accidentally deleted or formatted your machine.

Two weeks ago, I bought an Acer Aspire Laptop 5745G that came with Windows 7 pre-installed. For our project reasons, I had to install Windows XP 32 bit on it. Once installed, I realized that I can not get the Nvidia graphics card to work. So I called the acer support. The transcripts of the acer support staff is located here:
1. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
2. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
The summary of the story is that they will not restore your OS if you accidentally deleted or formatted your machine.

The owner of an Acer should be happy when the original programs are wiped away from the hard disk. It will only add to his joy of using the computer. The positive thing is that the owner paid for the use of Windows 7. And the license number and license sticker are on the bottom of the laptop. So it is allowed to use a dvd of Windows 7 OEM of the same issue and to use that dvd and to use the key code that is printed on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop. Making an image of the hard disk before installing any program is a good idea. It might be possible that Acer uses a company bulk OEM distribution of Windows 7. So it is not sure if the product code on the bottom of the laptop works with any OEM version of Windows 7.

I HAVE A ACER LAPTOP MY MODEL NO IS ASPIRE 5738 MY LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO CONNECT WIFI BUT SOMETIMES VERY RARE IT CONNECTS THE WIFI BUT ALMOST TIME IT DOES NO'T CONNECT I USE IN OTHER LAPTOP MY WIFI IT CONNECTS SO WHAT SHALL I DO.....PLEASE HELP ME