xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Striker9099

Problem With Domains

Hey everybody, well I have bought a new domain name yesterday, and then I changed its name server to to Xisto. then I changed my hosted domain in Xisto to my new domain name. this all happened yestrday. but since yesterday up till now I can't go to my website. I can't even go to my cPanel :S so what am I supposed to do?

usually when you switch things like that, it takes about 72 hours at the max to like com online againatleast that is what BuffaloHELP told me when i did it (it was instant for me)hope that helped :D~Tramp

well yeah I know it needs some time to propagate through the internet network... but first my partner has redirected the new domain to the old domain and then I removed the forwarding. But it still goes to my old domain everytime I try to go to the new domain, but actually my old domain doesn't exist anymore...

It may also be that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or some other place along the path from your location to the site may have a cached version of the page, so until the caches get refreshed (updated), you will continue to view the old page. That is part of the 48 to 72 propagation process. Some ISP's update their cache more regularly, but until all of the connections are renewed, this problem might continue.

ok now I have sorted out that problem. the problem was because I previously had directed the site to a sub-directory on my root folder. so now I fixed it and it's working well.

but there's a new problem. I am using Joomla for my site. and when I changed the domain name things got messed up. there are no images when I open the site in Internet Explorer 7 or FireFox. even in the administrator panel too. check it out to see what I'm talking about: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
ok if anyone can help please let me know what I am supposed to do.