xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khalilo

Can't Edit Index in file manager

when i open my sight, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
i get Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/khalilo/public_html/index.php on line 6
I don't even have an index.php file O_o
I have a index.html
its coding is:

<html><head><title></title></head><body bgcolor= black><font color=red>welcome</font></body></html>

but why isn't it being opened O_o?

use the cpanel file manager and click on the icons beside the directory or file to check to see if there is an index.php there by mistake. then you can select to edit or delete or rename the errant file.

I tried to access the index.html file by going to your url then "/index.html" and it couldnt find this file, i would imagine that you might have put it in the wrong place. remember that all files you want to be seen by visitors need to be in either "WWW" or "public_html", they are both the same folder, one is just a shortcut to the actual folder so both folder links will take you the same place. Put your index.html file in the WWW directory and also while there check for the "index.php" file because it seems you have one in this folder which is where the error is coming from. I got major confused with the WWW and public_html folders. Just remember that all your web pages and folders that you want visitors to see need to be in WWW or public_html. Both lead to the same folder so it doesnt matter whether you click WWW or the other.

khalilo,Looks like you haven't changed anything. Try the above steps. To simplify,1) go to your directory (either via cPanel or FTP) and enter public_html folder2) delete index.php3) upload index.html (or new index page) to the same folder (public_html)Looks like you've been uploading to your home directory. You have to upload to public_html or WWW (a short cut to public_html) as described by previous post.Thank you.