xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
it01y2

Php Explode Function Help

I am having trouble creating a script, all i want to achieve is to:

1. Select the variable from my mysql database, which is in a format of : id|id|id|id| and so on...

2. Split them into separate variables by using : $songexploded = explode("|",$ttyo['songs']);

3. Then this is the bit I'm stuck on trying to create a while loop from the $songexploded variables.

So(this might not be correct but you should get the idea)..

$x=1; while ($songexploded ==$result)echo $songexploded[$x].'<br>';}

seriously, why use the while when you can use the foreach? for (and foreach), in my opinion, is more useful than while. php is supposed to make your life easier, you're not supposed to make it harder. anyway, try this:

$songexploded = explode("|",$ttyo['songs']);foreach($songexploded as $single) {  echo($single."<br />"); }

seriously, why use the while when you can use the foreach? for (and foreach), in my opinion, is more useful than while. php is supposed to make your life easier, you're not supposed to make it harder. anyway, try this:

$songexploded = explode("|",$ttyo['songs']);foreach($songexploded as $single) {  echo($single."<br />"); }

Yes master_bacarra is right! That's the way I would've done it for sure! You beat me to it though.

You forgot the if statement, but i would go with foreach too

if (case);

foreach (stufz){

do stufz

}

endif;

or you can use while with foreach if you need to loop through results

while (case)

foreach (stufz){

do stufz

}

endwhile