xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elaks

Gordon Brown? Give me some feedback.

Well, I'm a conservative; and the thought of Brown being in power for a maximum of three years without say from the public was horrifying. After the small problem of losing billions of British pounds by selling the countries gold reserves even when he was warned against it- I find it hard to trust the man. However, since Tony Blair has official said he will leave office, Brown has been making better decisions.For a start when the EU was banging on about how they required more money from Britain, Tony Blair began to waver and considered giving in. However when Gordon heard the news he told the EU to "Bugger off" or something along those lines.I stayed up until three in the morning to see the house of common's debate between Brown and Cameron and it was well worth it. The more Gordon Brown spoke about NHS cuts, the more I agreed with him. I realise he wasn't as good as the last three (Thatcher, Major and Blair) but he certainly isn't afraid of his own opinions. Much to my surprise, Cameron is being beaten by 6% in the polls. I'd like to add a poll to this topic but I can't so.. :D What are your opinions? Is Brown a force for good, or a sleazy bureaucrat? :P

He's certainly up front and not as smarmy as Blair. I'm not sure if he is the right man for the job as I could see him getting us in a bit of bother. However he's worked to get where he is.I think he is going to take us in the right direction but I don't know if he'll be able to stick with it. Being from Scotland we've got to keep our eye on the SNP now and should they manage to make Scotland independent then Brown would lose his constituency. That'd be interesting.

Being from Scotland we've got to keep our eye on the SNP now and should they manage to make Scotland independent then Brown would lose his constituency. That'd be interesting.

yes, I'm from England but I support Scotland leaving the UK. It'll be abit of a change to the maps, but on the whole if Scotland wasn't connected we would have the majority of votes as Conservative.

oh and nice avatar. Mon the Graham Coxon \o/

Graham's my favourite member! Back to business... lol.

I'm English. Gordon Brown is an absolute muppet. He spent 10 years messing up the economy as Chancellor of the Exchequer only to succeed Tony Blair as Prime Minister without even a leadership party within the Labour party, let alone the general election we deserve. Innumerate scandals, most damagingly the MP Expense Scandal, have shattered peoples confidence in the current government. From the joke of a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, through the illegal war in Iraq and the global economic slowdown the Labour government have been a shambles.I would (and will) vote Lib Dem.