xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BoSZ

Signature Pics Sizes

hiAdmins sig pic sizes("weight") should be formalizediM am really sick of stering at the screen waiting a minute for the next message to load because of somebodies 200KB sig picture. Not everybody sits on a T1 no to see the difference in loading times. Further more im under FUP so this reduces my limit.hereby im stating that every one having a sig pic biger the 95kB will get a reputation decrease :D

hi

Admins sig pic sizes("weight") should be formalized

iM am really sick of stering at the screen waiting a minute for the next message to load because of somebodies 200KB sig picture. Not everybody sits on a T1 no to see the difference in loading times. Further more im under FUP so this reduces my limit.

hereby im stating that every one having a sig pic biger the 95kB will get a reputation decrease :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about avatars? Your avatar is as of now 44 KB, BoSZ, please look into that!

Googlue!

Maybe you should save your sigs in gif....I have this program and it compresses the gif formats with out loosing the quality and color.I don't know how much kb shoul;d be the max but I recommend the sizes to be 450x120 and less.... The peoples sizes that are too large will be edited by the admins.my avatar is only 457 bytes [0.457KB] and my sig is 844 bytes [0.844KB] so i doubt my sigs are slowing you comp down

Edited by Becca (see edit history)

Ok here we go.I think 400x100 is a great size to use. Its simple and most things can be put in there. Anything smaller is also good.Most things over are alrite so long as they arnt to big. Ill say the limit will be 550x200. The biggest size.... hmm... i dont know. I will look into the average sizes of signatures. Just try saving your image in a different format to compress it ok people?RegardsX3r0X

Ok here we go.

I think 400x100 is a great size to use. Its simple and most things can be put in there. Anything smaller is also good.

Most things over are alrite so long as they arnt to big. Ill say the limit will be 550x200.

The biggest size.... hmm... i dont know. I will look into the average sizes of signatures. Just try saving your image in a different format to compress it ok people?

Regards

X3r0X

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's good advice. Just my 2 cents on the 'size in KB' issue:

It is better if the image used is as small as possible (ASAP)...

May be the limit should be about 25 KB? Anything more than that would dramatically slow down loading times, especially for members on dial-up!

25 KB might seem very small to you? Remember there are about 14 posts shown per page. If 14 different people have posted and all of them have 25 KB sigs, just the sigs total size will be 350 KB!

Be kind gentlemen and ladies... think of others too...

To cut out any problem! I'm remove my sig pic already.So I leave only one avatar here. I do this because I'm the one that use 56K modem at my home! ;)but when I play at my university it doesn't matter cause internet here is faster than my home so much (2M) ;)