xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anthonywills09

Love Or What?

Hi,I know how it feels to be in your place. My mom too has a boyfriend even though she is married and all. At first when I found out I was 12 and confused for she had a pretty horrible time with my dad so I guess I torn between the fact that she had a miserable time and deserved a break and the fact that she was lying to my dad and giving a thrid person more priority. But still isn't she supposed to take my dad for better or worse? Anyway in the middle of my teenage when I was 15 or 16 I was completely neglected by my parents as my dad didn't care and my mom was busy with her new life. I don't regret that period though for I became quite independent but Yeah I had some hate for my parents then.It doesn't happen only in America but happens everywhere in the world. I do not mind if your mom is divorced or a widow for then she does deserve that break and should live a life but you never mentioned whether she is married or not.It must be weird for you to see a guy of your own age with your mom but let her know that you are there behind her even if you don't like it, Don't be too harsh on her for then you will be forcing her to make a choice which might not go right.Take care and try to understand her situation. Don't get angry rather talk it out with her gently

It is very common in America. I personally disagree with young people dating older people, but whatever floats their boat. There's no way to stop people's way of thinking. But, like Velma said, I don't know the entire situation, but try to be nice about it with your mom. Don't be harsh or push her away.

I know how you feel though, to an extent. When my mom got into a car accident, she lost a lot of weight afterward. She began to wear "younger" clothes because they could fit her. On top of that, she developed an "I'm better than you" overconfident attitude and it really bugged me. She was even snobby toward me. It was really annoying to see her act like something that she wasn't, in this case she was acting too young. Needless to say, she turned "fake" and shallow. Now, I barely talk to her because of that. She still acts like that, though she has gotten a lot better. I just can't stand it when people act like that, and it's worse that it's my own mother.

My point is that I understand how you feel about her "feeling young" again. It's very annoying, I know!