xisto Community
GHGHostile

Sim City - Never Fails To Please

I must admit, I've been a fan of Sim City ever since I first played it on my SNES back when I was 10 or 11 years old.
Back then, the SNES was the greatest thing in the world and being able to create, govern and if you wish, destroy a city was even greater.
I'm sure you've all either played or at least heard of the Sim City franchise so I won't insult your intelligence by stating what the game is all about. It was and still is an excellent tool for megalomaniacs the world over. Although, the first versions of the game were quite basic, it soon became more and more complex with each new release.
Sim City 4 was released about 3 years ago and it really does feel like you're a major player in the world of economics and politics. Everything from maintaining your budget to striking deals with your neighbouring cities to allow commerce to expand and industry to thrive; Sim City 4 has it all.
I've been known to spend a great deal of time playing it and it never grows old on you. Whether it be a natural disaster or environmentalists are protesting about the pollution from your industrial zones; it really keeps you on your toes.
And not to mention the soundtrack. It compliments the game so well.

Electronic Arts have put a java based version of Sim City on the Sim City website for anyone to play. So even if you can't afford the retail version, you can at least have a go online from the comfort of your browser.

I can't rate this game enough, it really does have everything anyone with aspirations of world domination could want!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - official website.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/play/simcity_classic.php - play the classic version of Sim City - online!

I must admit, I've been a fan of Sim City ever since I first played it on my SNES back when I was 10 or 11 years old.Back then, the SNES was the greatest thing in the world and being able to create, govern and if you wish, destroy a city was even greater.
I'm sure you've all either played or at least heard of the Sim City franchise so I won't insult your intelligence by stating what the game is all about. It was and still is an excellent tool for megalomaniacs the world over. Although, the first versions of the game were quite basic, it soon became more and more complex with each new release.
Sim City 4 was released about 3 years ago and it really does feel like you're a major player in the world of economics and politics. Everything from maintaining your budget to striking deals with your neighbouring cities to allow commerce to expand and industry to thrive; Sim City 4 has it all.
I've been known to spend a great deal of time playing it and it never grows old on you. Whether it be a natural disaster or environmentalists are protesting about the pollution from your industrial zones; it really keeps you on your toes.

Electronic Arts have put a java based version of Sim City on the Sim City website for anyone to play. So even if you can't afford the retail version, you can at least have a go online from the comfort of your browser.

I can't rate this game enough, it really does have everything anyone with aspirations of world domination could want!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - official website.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/play/simcity_classic.php - play the classic version of Sim City - online!

Ummm what was the point of this???? :D

Ummm what was the point of this???? :P

What was the point of that? :D

i've never played any newer version other than the original. It had me addicted for a few days as I do with any sim game. The only problem with sim city (original) was that once you build with the whole land, the game almost becomes pointless. I found the hardest point of the game was to simply build up, after it was built, it was ridiculously easy. As long as you balanced your builiding, it worked fine.

What was the point of that? :P
i've never played any newer version other than the original. It had me addicted for a few days as I do with any sim game. The only problem with sim city (original) was that once you build with the whole land, the game almost becomes pointless. I found the hardest point of the game was to simply build up, after it was built, it was ridiculously easy. As long as you balanced your builiding, it worked fine.

I believe that was an attempt to make a post that didnt look like spam so that he can get more points. No matter.

I have actually never... played sim city.. well once, for about all of 2 minutes while my cousin went to the bathroom. It seemed really complex, and apparently the stuff i made cost him half his fortune... oops? im actually looking to get into sim city 4, so ill keep my eyes peeled for it at a retailer or online.

Well I think that in the past there were these games that we just cannot forget, because they were really very good! However we should not forget that we were kids when those games came out and that means that they were the first games of that kind and caught our attention for that reason. Today there are sooo many different games from each and every genre that it is extremely hard for a game to step out in any way and therefore become something that we would remember and become fans. Of course that is my perspective as a 21 years old boy, today's kids do not know about age of empires 1 or that sort of games and they are fans of today's games....Yes Sim City is certainly one of those games...

I remember when simcity 3000 unlimited just came out, man was I drooling, I've played every simcity game, and there are more coming I can tell you that, simcity 4 was great until simcity 4 rush hour came along, man was I playing the game for hours on end. Simcity is a great franchise, any EA personel that wants to cancel development of simcity games is a traitor of MAXIS, is a traitor worth zero simoleons.

Simcity was, and still is, a great game. Despite it splitting off to create The Sims, and most development being focussed on that, it is still a great game and (supposedly) there was a new version in development? The problem with the latest one is that there is simply too much micro-managing. Adjusting the budget of each building to make sure it grows with the population gets just a little annoying after a while. Still, its a great game and I still regularly play it.

I remember that somewhere on the Simcity website you could actually download a CD release of the soundtrack. It is great music, and I think the developers even went to the trouble of getting an orchestra to record it, to get really high quality, well-played music for the game.

Yes, you can still download the soundtrack for Sim City 4 from their website.Even the CD covers.Yeah, I think they did go OTT on some aspects of the game. But I guess its just to make it seem more realistic. I think Sim City has always had a big following and if EA/Maxis spent as much time and effort in releasing the ultimate Sim City game instead of focusing all their talents and time on The Sims; it'd be one great game.The ironic thing is that I'm not a huge fan of The Sims. I don't like doing chores/going to work in real life, so why would I want to do it on my computer? Haha.However, most people at some point in their life dream of ruling the world [well I did anyway] and thats all possible in Sim City.I hope they do release a new version. I will definately buy it.

Sim city is soo much fun, I have great memories with this game, too bad it was my friends :XD: It was really fun because I would always get bored so I would play this everytime I get bored. I dunno why but my friends think sims are weird. I see its for DS so it must be fun because to me everything in DS is more fun than psp (if they had the same games) Sims 4 was great, never got tired of that one, 200 was boring to me tough. I wanted to try sims pet but I dunno how it would turn like. Thanks for this review.