xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DOMMO_10

Rugby World Cup - 2007 My Picks

MY PICKS FOR THE RUGBY WORLD CUP - 2007

MY PICK TO WIN:
Like many people around the world, I believe that New Zealand are the strongest rugby nation. Although they had a surprise lost to the Wallabies, I still believe they are going to take the cake (Win the cup). I also believe South Africa have a very strong line-up, and they may cause a problem for the All Blacks.

SURPRISE PICK:
I believe that Australia may be able to stun the world and win the cup. Although they have had extremely poor results in recent years, they are starting to pick up their game. I believe that next Saturday's game against the All Blacks will foreshadow how the Aussies will play throughout the World Cup

EUROPEAN PICK:
Out of the European nations, I believe that either France or Ireland have the greatest chance for World Cup glory. France, because they will have the home advantage, and Ireland, because out of the European teams, they have been performing the most consistently throughout their recent matches. I strongly agree that none of the European teams even have a chance though.

CONCLUSION
In conclusion, I believe that a Southern Hemisphere team will be crowned champions of the Rugby World.

GO THE WALLABIES!

Pretty much agree, NZ maybe the runaway favourites to win the cup, but as I hadnt been watching the Rugby that much apart from the recent Wallabies upset over the All-blacks. I believe that there are a few nations out there that could be suprise packets. Australia would be one of the suprise packets considering their poor form in recent times untill the last few games as of late. Also in regard to Europe, I'd probably tip either France or Ireland to spring out a few suprises (agreeing with above posters reasons).

A Friend of mine was on the Rugby Juniors I think. I enjoy Playing Rugby x], Mostly because you Can hurt people, and it takes a lot of my Anger out =DBTW Keagan W-R is his name x]

SURPRISE PICK= Portugal! :) very good participation

hehe .. im romanian and romania realy sucks at rugby ... still the football team or soccer as somebody will say i guess will go at Euro

Did anyone watch the quarter finals today? I'm a New Zealander, and quite disappointed. The first quarter final was between Australia and England. Now, Australia was at the top of their pool, and didnt lost any matches. While England was second in theirs after losing to South Africa. But today England beat Australia 12-10, knocking Australia out. The second match, four hours later, was between the All Blacks(Thats New Zealand, obviously) and France. Everyone had thought this was going to be a boring one(Even me), the All Blacks had never lost a quarter final before. But the end result was 20-18, to France! New Zealand was knocked out in a quarter final against France. A couple of months before, the All Blacks beat France easily, and France even lost to Argentina in their first game. These were two of the top teams, and were knocked out by teams second place in their pool. I dont think the All Backs want to come back home and face the media... So my pick now would have to be South Africa to win. Fortunately(for them) they will not have to face Australia or New Zealand or the semis or finals. Which i think would be a very different result if it wasnt for these two upsets today. Credit goes to England and France of course.

Seems South Africa has outkicked England to a 15-6 victory. Sadly it was no tries, and mostly decided on a penalty-thon. Far too much kicking rather than smooth running of the ball. Either way, congrats to the South Africans.

Yeah wear an all blacks shirt and go into an aussie pub see what happens :P. within a few mins some sheep jokes will probably start coming your way and if you happen to object to those comments your probably in for a few fights lol. Too bad we ddint win. I think we lacked a solid strategy against france, They played well against us and come off the better side that day. There was other things too that sucked like that forward pass by france not called and that resulted in a converted try, but thats the way it goes you gotta play the game and try and account for referees calls going against you eventually.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

This is a good sport... I ever wanted to try it but in my country it isn't popular... I want to be an ALL-BLACK... I have to go in Australia?

That's New Zealand. I believe the kiwis are really passionate about their Rugby down there. Also the only sport that they can beat the aussies at *tongue in cheek*

I'm really sorry but this never really happened for England or Australia. Sorry this reply is so late but I had to finish this off. England lost pathetically (in my opinion) to South Africa. I was there. Trust me...