xisto Community
AndrewM

My Ghost Experience... Freaky stuff

OK, well, this happened last year in August. Each year, we go down to Cork (county in Ireland, south) because my mam is from there. Well, this house that my aunt built years ago, always sort of had a weird feeling about it that myslef, my bro and my mam seemed to notice.Anyway, I was made to stay in the room where it is always cold, no matter even if you turn on the heating. So, I just could not, for the life of me, get to sleep, so I began reading. After about an hour or so, can't be certain, I hear this bang. It was loud,direct, sudden coming from the hallway. The thing is, this hallway is narrow so, there is nothing that could have been in it, and I can SEE down it so, I KNOW there was nothing in it. That kind of, i don't know, just sort of gave me a hop and a weird feeling but it was nothing, just sort of being on my own awake, in the middle of nowhere sort of feeling :D After that, I went to the window, and, out of the corner of my eye, I saw this, white rectangle to the left on top of th mountain. I mean, this was glowing! And it was a rectangle. Abot 5-10 mins later i went out for a smoke (quit about 2 months ago just so you know :P) But, it was gone. Whilst I was out there, the wind was weird. It was still everywhere, no breeze at all, but, the trees to left had a mild one, well, they were shaking anyway. I didn't think about it then, but I do now, it was like a domino effect? gah, hard to explain, but, the wind wasn't at all of the trees, it was like, passing over them? Well, i hope you understand :PAfter that, I went back to bed, and yup, couldn't sleep. So, still began reading. I was a little worried about now, so, I just kept the light in the hall and in my room on. Now, I kept on hearing, noises. Nothing like voices or footsteps etc. just...noises. "Things that go bump in the night" if you will. My heart is kind of going faster than noraml by this time, because, I don't have a clue what is going on. Now...the other things could have been explainable, but, the following things, in my opinion, can NOT be. The first of which is this, the back door, which is bolted and and the padlocked, and then locked by a key...opens, and then closes. i cannot see it but, i can hear the locks. Less than a minute later, The kitchen door, opens, and closes. The kitchen door has one of the knobs on them that you have to turn to open...the thing is...i can SEE the kitchen door clearly!Now, excuse my irish, but, I am crapping myself by this time! I have all this cold, dry sweat and everything! 10 mins later, with me not even able to take the book away from my face, I'm so scared, the bloddy stereo, in the sitting room, at the end of the hall, beside the kitchen turns on! Blaring out Nat king Cole! The stupid thing wasn't even plugged in!I didn't know what to do, i didn't want to go down there, but I had to! So, i leg it down, turn off the stereo, plug it out, about o run back when there, in front of me, is...something. It was staring at me, i don't know what it was, it wasn't an orb, a shadow, a mist, an aparition, it was nothing, but it was there, and it was staring at me. I think i must have blacked out for a second or something, but, when i came to, the room was grand, but, the spot where I was was standing was...just cold, not freezing or anything, just plain cold. Naturally, i ran back to my room and didn't go to sleep until it was bright outside.Now, when i told this to my family, cousings etc who were down with me, I believed me which was weird, well, a few did anyway. I don't ever want to stay the night there again or just be on my own there. But, we go down every year so, yeah, I might have to!Anyway, I think it might be a good place to investigate? but the weird thing is that it was built by my Aunt. No previous owners (obviusly) etc etc. So, yeah, just weirdWell, thats my story.Also, very sorry about making it soooo long! lol. Just thought that this would be the best way to explain it :D

Oh my gosh.Ghosts aren't real.They won't come and get you because they dont exist!ANd even if they did, its not like they could do anything to you.I mean come on.They are just souls.

Well, to be honest. I believe in ghosts. i believe that there is something there anyway. Also, i realise that i don't think that they could do anything to hurt you (well, a poltergeist could I suppose) Now, this was a really scary experience for me. Even you have to admit, you don't believe in ghosts, ok, but still, if something like this happened to you, you would be terrified man! loljust saying, plus, I just thought it might be interesting for some people :D

I think ghosts do exist. I once had an encounter myself during my secondary school (High school).First of all, my school was a missionary school which was supposedly built on top a burial ground (we were told that the villagers, because of their hatred for the missionaries could only give out a burial ground for the school to be built). We were hearing errie stories of ghosts around there but we never believed any of those until I actuially encountered them ghosts myself.I woke up in the middle of the night n also woke up my friends so we could go n urinate. It was a boarding school n the lights have already been turned off. we climbed down the stairs n were walking towards the toilets when we suddenly saw, right in front of us, between 20 to 30 meters, a lantern moving but no one was carrying it...more like it was hanging in the air. u know, we got surprised at this n everyone stopped. i thouhgt in one split second that this might be one of the school guards, but i also wondered, A SCHOOL GUARD WITHOUT LEGS??? that was quite wierd.all of a sudden, one of us, i dont know exactly, shouted ...... HEY!!! n before u could say jiffy, the lantern blinked about 4 times n went off.we got frightened in the surrounding darkness n ran for our dear lives. as we ran we were hearing a running footstep behind us as if someone was chasing us.another incidence was when, still in the same school, n in the night, we decided to go thru the second stair (this buildings has two stairs on both sides). just beside the left stair was our refectory (dining rhall).as we climbed down the stairs, we were hearing nioses inside the dining hall as if there a lota people in there. By the way, the time was around 2:00am and no student was outside by then. we went and banged on the windows of the dining hall and we immidiately heard a stampede as if them spirits were running for their dear lives (they aint got lives though), and guess what we did....we ran for our own dear lives lest the ghosts come back and meet us there.Sounds crazy but these things actually happened.

Wow, that would have been REALLy scary! I mean, in a boarding school that was built on top of a burial ground? Freaky stuff dude. i was in boarding school too for my first year of secondary school. The mansion that we stayed in was built back in 1847 and was owned by the Cloncarty ( Not entirely sure on the spelling ) family. Well, Lady Cloncarty ( spl? ) was supposedly a lovely woman but, the hisband/father was a man who was corrupt and extremely paranoid, thinking that his wife was having multiple affairs on him which was again, supposedly not true. One night, whilst everyone was sleeping he dragged her from her bed, brought her to the the balcony of the marble staircase and after a brief scuffle, was thrown over the banister to her death. At the bottom of the staricase, is a mat which, underneath it is a blood splatter that we were shown the first night by the head priest I suppose you could call him. It was there, faded, but there. Above that was a very long painting and behind that ( although we were never shown as it was so large! XD ) is a a long splatter of blood that is covered by the painting.Anyway, they had a son, and, when this happened he literally died of shock! Now, all this happened on October the 17th and since then, every night, Lady Cloncarty is supposed to walk the halls, looking for her lost son, ringing this little bell as it is what she used to call him in from outside. On that night, we were all wide awake! And, about 5 times, the 6th years would come in, dressed in white and pull away our blankets! :P lol, anyway. We got a bit bored of it and were beginning to nod off, when the dorr very quietly opened and this sharp breeze entered the room. We are scared by this time! lol anyway, with the blankets over our heads, we don't hear any footsteps what so ever yet, it would get cold beside our beds whenever she came towards, always ringing the bell. Now, OK, this may not have been real, but, it happened to every other year too, as it always has.Well, yeah, it was scary :D There were a lot of stories which i don't really believe with what happened to some people. One guy, said f off to her, and she knelt beside his bed and said the full rosary, and, him thinking it was a trick, looked at her and went mad. Another one is that the boy was out of bed when she came in, waiting at the door for her, and swung a brush at her. The next day, he went to the woods and hung himself!i don't really believe those ones, but still, they were pretty freaky when it happened to us and when we were told those stories the NIGHT this happened! lolAnyway, just another story XD

Wow, that would have been REALLy scary! I mean, in a boarding school that was built on top of a burial ground? Freaky stuff dude. i was in boarding school too for my first year of secondary school.
The mansion that we stayed in was built back in 1847 and was owned by the Cloncarty ( Not entirely sure on the spelling ) family.
Well, Lady Cloncarty ( spl? ) was supposedly a lovely woman but, the hisband/father was a man who was corrupt and extremely paranoid, thinking that his wife was having multiple affairs on him which was again, supposedly not true. One night, whilst everyone was sleeping he dragged her from her bed, brought her to the the balcony of the marble staircase and after a brief scuffle, was thrown over the banister to her death. At the bottom of the staricase, is a mat which, underneath it is a blood splatter that we were shown the first night by the head priest I suppose you could call him. It was there, faded, but there. Above that was a very long painting and behind that ( although we were never shown as it was so large! XD ) is a a long splatter of blood that is covered by the painting.

Anyway, they had a son, and, when this happened he literally died of shock! Now, all this happened on October the 17th and since then, every night, Lady Cloncarty is supposed to walk the halls, looking for her lost son, ringing this little bell as it is what she used to call him in from outside. On that night, we were all wide awake! And, about 5 times, the 6th years would come in, dressed in white and pull away our blankets! :P lol, anyway. We got a bit bored of it and were beginning to nod off, when the dorr very quietly opened and this sharp breeze entered the room. We are scared by this time! lol anyway, with the blankets over our heads, we don't hear any footsteps what so ever yet, it would get cold beside our beds whenever she came towards, always ringing the bell. Now, OK, this may not have been real, but, it happened to every other year too, as it always has.

Well, yeah, it was scary :D There were a lot of stories which i don't really believe with what happened to some people. One guy, said f off to her, and she knelt beside his bed and said the full rosary, and, him thinking it was a trick, looked at her and went mad. Another one is that the boy was out of bed when she came in, waiting at the door for her, and swung a brush at her. The next day, he went to the woods and hung himself!

i don't really believe those ones, but still, they were pretty freaky when it happened to us and when we were told those stories the NIGHT this happened! lol

Anyway, just another story XD

Creepy dude! I'm not a believer in ghosts myself but I do believe there is something there, that somethings gotta happen to your soul. Reincarnation perhaps.

Wasn't sixth sense a form of other senses. He see's dead people therefore it's his sense of sight. I'm rambling.

That was a very interesting story and I also believe that ghosts do exist. The show Ghost Hunters where TAPS investigates hauntings is very interesting, and maybe you should call them to investigate your aunts house. :D

lol, yeah, that would be a cool idea :D I;m not really sure if i will stay there again though 0.o maybe or or 2 nights and take a digital camera with me. Just take pictures around the house and se what i come up with! It wiuld be really cool if I did get "something"