xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

Certificare Error

i'm having a problem with this... im getting a certificare error everytime i log into my cpanel and the file manager... i think this is causing some problems with some of my files to because im not able to view them. how do i fix this?

Hi,Can I have the URL where you are facing this error? And also what kind of an error. You can send the details of your error to support[@]Xisto - Web Hosting[dot]com

ok is anyone going to look into this??? i opened a support ticket, sent an email, post here and have not received anything from anyone.. it says customer support 24/7??

Patience please. It is a weekend after all :DWhat error, exactly, are you receiving? Is it the Domain Name Mismatch Error?We might be able to assist if you could provide some information as the error message details. Thanks.

this is not related to my domain...because when i visit my site through my domain it does not show up.. this has to do with the cpanel. when i go to the cpanel login window, i get the certificate error thing, it says that it is not safe. and i can still go log in.... but the address bar on ie becomes all red and that certificate error logo shows. and also, i can't view an of my files from file manager....i have made a new folder inside the public_html, and none of the files under that folder are working.. i can't link to them anyhow.

the certificate error thing, it says that it is not safe.

Can you post the text of the error or a screen grab, please.

There is no Security issue with the Certificate. It is simply that the Parent Company (Xisto) owns the certificate used by Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting, so since the actual Domain is different, the warning appears. Simply override the warning and it is all good. Not a problem.I think you can override the warning by adding the Xisto - Web Hosting cpanel URL in your trusted zone. Not certain. I don't use IE.

The certificate is fine and used for encrypting BUT its not registered. You can avoid using SSL by logging onto your cpanel with port 2086 instead of 2087.