xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Unofficial Trap17 Hosted Members Directory

This is the Xisto edition of the Hosted Members Directory. A script initially written by me for the Xisto forums. The script has gone through many a changes and is currently in version 4 which includes the following features:-

> Listing of hosted members.

> Listing of the websites of the hosted members.

> Validation of the websites (whether the site is suspended, working or not not working, etc)

> Save/Load result to/from database.

> Multithreaded for faster operation.

> Status messages, images and progress bar to keep you informed of the process.

Link to the Script: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here's a screenshot of the script:-

Posted Image

Man I almost forgot about this script :P and I am going through it right now and I have to say I am impressed with the new look. Although there are a few bugs in the Xisto directory though, the cut off stopped at 74 and there should be about 140-160 accounts; I am not even listed either :D. However it still looks good and if people were smart they used this directory to build up links to there sites and stuff.

lol My name is not in there either. There are a lot of names that aren't in there. I only see 65 people in there out of however many there are. Pretty neat though besides the point. I thought it was just a list, not of people's websites because the forum itself already has a way to list them but this is better. Nice work, just fix the few bugs or whatever and it'll be perfect.

PHP is used for the actual crawling and parsing while AJAX is used for the interactive interface, multi-threading and a bit of processing. Making the Xisto version was a bit difficult because although similar to asta, the Xisto forum does have significant differences. With this new version that has been coded from the scratch, I have solved the problem where the operation skipped a lot of sites. The entire process is now a lot more efficient.

You even made a Xisto version? Nice!

:D I had to!

looks pretty neat. Its taking awhile to fully load for me. What do you use to make this?

The process requires the crawling of many a pages in the forum and hence takes a bit of time.

Hurray!!! My name is on there now. Only problem now is that it shows my old domain name that I don't have aymore. Is there any way to fix that? It's not really a big deal to me though at the moment because my website is still inactive.

There are quite a few ways.> You could change the description text in your hosting request Topic.> Using the topic corresponding to the domain change request for obtaining the new domain.> Thirdly, a way to allow user's to override their sitename by specifying the correct one in the script.Out of these, only the first one will work at present as the others would require modifications.

i saw it earlier. there were bugs during loading (the loading bar exceeds the size of the loading area). oh and i have changed my domain name already :D i don't know what data your script is getting but i have changed it already.

Ok so seeing as at the moment we aren't allowed to edit our own posts in the Free Web Hosting Request section, we will have to report the post to a moderator and have them change it. Hopefully that's ok. It won't hurt the hosting account because this is just the forum and won't be resubmitted through the form. I think I'm going to be changing my domain name again soon so I'll probably wait before I change it on the directory list.

Ok so seeing as at the moment we aren't allowed to edit our own posts in the Free Web Hosting Request section, we will have to report the post to a moderator and have them change it. Hopefully that's ok. It won't hurt the hosting account because this is just the forum and won't be resubmitted through the form. I think I'm going to be changing my domain name again soon so I'll probably wait before I change it on the directory list.

I am working on overriding the members' site based on the one listed in their profile.

i saw it earlier. there were bugs during loading (the loading bar exceeds the size of the loading area). oh and i have changed my domain name already i don't know what data your script is getting but i have changed it already.

The script is under constant development. You must have caught it during one of those buggy testing phases. As of now, the progress bar doesn't exceed its limits. But, the operation might get stuck once in a while because of the sheer number of hosting requests at Xisto. I am working on pinpointing the exact cause of the problem.

The script is under constant development. You must have caught it during one of those buggy testing phases. As of now, the progress bar doesn't exceed its limits. But, the operation might get stuck once in a while because of the sheer number of hosting requests at Xisto. I am working on pinpointing the exact cause of the problem.

i don't know if it's one of the causes but the first time i "double-clicked" the build directory button, the progress bar went off, then it went off again on the second "loading" stage. anyway, i just reported that, might help you anyway.

Thanx for reporting it. By mentioning the double click you have cleared it all. This would cause the execution of two threads which is precisely what must have caused the problem. Actually, the button is supposed to get disabled after a click. But as of now, I haven't done that. Thanx once again. It is the continued feedbacks by the members that helps the script get better :D

The script now overrides the Website location based on the one specified in their profiles. This will resolve all domain change issues. All hosted members who have changed there domains are hereby requested to keep this information updated on their profiles.Thanx,Max.