xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seez

Have You Ever Been Beaten By An Older Sibling? Just wondering

Have you ever been beaten by an older sibling? I have. My older sibling. when I was younger, like 10 and 11, and my older brother, Adrien, was 15, he and sometimes his friends would give me occassional beatings for stuff like telling on him for going out late with girls, coming back home at 2 o'clock in the morning when my parents were alone.

Once I told my dad about something really bad that he did when I came home from school. Adrien had a date until seven. So at about eight he came home and went to his room - I didn't know he was home, otherwise I would have hidden. He was in his room and I walked by it. All of a sudden the door flies open and Adrien yanks me in, slams the door shut, throws me onto his bed. Then he held up my legs so I was upside down. "What did you do?????!!!!!" he raged through clenched teeth. "Nothing!" I replied frantically. "I'm sorry!" Just then my mom and Dad call us for dinner. Adrien takes me by the shirt and slams me twice into the wall. Hard. Then he socked me in the shoulder and twice in the stomach. "I'll get you after dinner" he threatened. Then he left. After dinner he caught me in the closet, took me into the yard and beat me up, but I was okay.

Another time he and two friends waited by the door at my house and ambushed me when I walked in with a plastic bat and fists. I think that one was for reporting to my dad that Adrien was failing history, science and math.

Just felt like sharing these experiences. So have you ever been beaten by an older sibling before?

Have you ever been beaten by an older sibling? I have. My older sibling. when I was younger, like 10 and 11, and my older brother, Adrien, was 15, he and sometimes his friends would give me occassional beatings for stuff like telling on him for going out late with girls, coming back home at 2 o'clock in the morning when my parents were alone.

Once I told my dad about something really bad that he did when I came home from school. Adrien had a date until seven. So at about eight he came home and went to his room - I didn't know he was home, otherwise I would have hidden. He was in his room and I walked by it. All of a sudden the door flies open and Adrien yanks me in, slams the door shut, throws me onto his bed. Then he held up my legs so I was upside down. "What did you do?????!!!!!" he raged through clenched teeth. "Nothing!" I replied frantically. "I'm sorry!" Just then my mom and Dad call us for dinner. Adrien takes me by the shirt and slams me twice into the wall. Hard. Then he socked me in the shoulder and twice in the stomach. "I'll get you after dinner" he threatened. Then he left. After dinner he caught me in the closet, took me into the yard and beat me up, but I was okay.

Another time he and two friends waited by the door at my house and ambushed me when I walked in with a plastic bat and fists. I think that one was for reporting to my dad that Adrien was failing history, science and math.

Just felt like sharing these experiences. So have you ever been beaten by an older sibling before?

DAMN! that really sucks! how could you take all that? can't you stand up for yourself? well if not, haven't you EVER thought about telling your parents of what Adrien does to you?!!! c'mon! you can't just take all that *BLEEP* and shut up! do something about it! use a baseball bat or something! and when your older brother tries to beat you hit him with the bat or whatever weapon you got and make it clear to him that he can't just bully you and get away with it! he only keeps on doing all these bad stuff because you showed him that you are weak and you can't do anything about it. but once you stand up for him and defend yourself and maybe beating him, he won't dare to do it again!

well thankfully I am the oldest at home and no one ever beats me! even at school or on the street, no one actually beats me cuz I don't get into too many fights, and in case I actually did get into a fight, I'd more likely to be the one giving the beating, not the one getting beat.

Hmm.I don't think highly of striker's advice. You can't stop violent people with counter violence, even though that often seems the best option. It will most likely be an impulse for him doing it more and worse. His motivation won't be revenge, settling the score or punishment, but pure confimation of his dominance. Which isn't good... It's ultimatly the worse, since reason won't have any part in this.There are several options for stopping violent behaviour. Yes, there is counter-violence... which only works when your unquestionably stronger then your adversary, and are able to strike him with fear or a sort of strange respect for 'leadership'. But you could also show him there is no harm meant. Sometimes the adversary becomes the best friend after he realizes you don't mean to hurt him. How to do this varies ofcourse.The thing is, it's hard to change erradic, unreasonable or unlogical patterns in a person's behaviour. Often the change must come from a differentiation in the person himself. a change of perspective, an insight, etc. etc.Me personally, i have always had the advantage of being physically ahead during childhood. I was the biggest and strongest. So i was rarely challenged. And now, i have a beard. That really helps in staying out of trouble :P It's like Samson :D

DAMN! that really sucks! how could you take all that? can't you stand up for yourself? well if not, haven't you EVER thought about telling your parents of what Adrien does to you?!!! c'mon! you can't just take all that *BLEEP* and shut up! do something about it! use a baseball bat or something! and when your older brother tries to beat you hit him with the bat or whatever weapon you got and make it clear to him that he can't just bully you and get away with it! he only keeps on doing all these bad stuff because you showed him that you are weak and you can't do anything about it. but once you stand up for him and defend yourself and maybe beating him, he won't dare to do it again!

I took all of it because I was really underweight. I didn't eat too much and I worked out, but it didn't really help. Adrien was a huge, buff and muscular, and tall. He ate alot and worked out alot. If you could only understand the types of punches he could throw . . .I tried standing up to him. What happened? I got a black eye and three huge bruises. Fantastic, right? I tried telling my parents. My mom grounded him for three months from TV, computer and girls the best she could. My dad? Uh... I won't even go there. Then when the punishments were over, and my parents and I were confident he wouldn't ever bother me again. What happened? He caught me and bloodied my nose and split my lip. Anyways, this doesn't happen anymore to me because Adrien is up and away. It only happens at school now. Edited by seez (see edit history)

Well, I'm happy to hear that it doesn't happen at home anymore at least. That's a step in the right direction. Hopefully it'll stop completely for you soon as well. From my experiences anyway, things get a lot better once you're out of school.What I really don't like is when people do cowardly things like beating on weaker people, just because they know they can win and get away with it. Fighting is one thing - when you have equally matched people, but to hit on the weak, that's just cowardly violence - especially if there's a group of people fighting one person, and they still feel that they need to use a plastic bat.I've been lucky in that I can't say I've ever been physically beaten. My older sister is pretty good with me in that respect. When we get into fights, it's usually I'm the one that's hitting her (though I'm not punching, just hitting... and I'm so freaking weak that I don't really hurt her lol). Though she's always been so much taller than me and much more athletic and strong, she doesn't ever hit me back, she just typically starts to tickle me and make me laugh, and then it's impossible for me to do anything, and she can push me around lol... It's really annoying when I'm mad, but it is a good way of dealing with me lol. I think I really lucked out when I got a sister like her, because for the most part, she's more like a best friend to me.

DAMN! that really sucks! how could you take all that? can't you stand up for yourself? well if not, haven't you EVER thought about telling your parents of what Adrien does to you?!!! c'mon! you can't just take all that *BLEEP* and shut up! do something about it! use a baseball bat or something! and when your older brother tries to beat you hit him with the bat or whatever weapon you got and make it clear to him that he can't just bully you and get away with it! he only keeps on doing all these bad stuff because you showed him that you are weak and you can't do anything about it. but once you stand up for him and defend yourself and maybe beating him, he won't dare to do it again! well thankfully I am the oldest at home and no one ever beats me! even at school or on the street, no one actually beats me cuz I don't get into too many fights, and in case I actually did get into a fight, I'd more likely to be the one giving the beating, not the one getting beat.

If his sibling is more than a year older than him, he is probably considerably stronger. Also, maybe hes not insane and doesnt want to beat his brother. It's so wrong, hes the elder and hes totally irresponsible.

My brother and I fight, but never like that.