xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

2007 Baseball All Star Game

Well Monday night, the 8th was the Home Run Derby in which 8 contestants dueled it out for the title of Home Run King. Vladimir Guerrero won in the end with 17 home runs total. Alex Rios came in second behind him. The first round was sort of slow at first but in the second round really heated up with Rios hitting 12 home runs total. The game was held at AT&T park in San Francisco which is next to McCovey Cove, named after a former San Francisco Giant, Willie McCovey. There were 300 to 400 kayakers out in the cove is what I heard, all waiting for a home run. Unfortunately only 2 balls went out there and both were foul.As for the All Star Game, it was played Tuesday night (Last Night). The pre-game show was great. They had a ceremony for Willie Mays, the "Say Hey Kid." They unveiled a banner showing one of his greatest catches and had an interview with him. They had him toss out balls into the stands. I am not sure if they were autographed or not but I think they were. But as for the game itself, it was pretty exciting. Ichiro Suzuki hit an inside the park home run. The first ever in an All Star Game. It occurred when the ball took a bad bounce off the wall. That gave the American League a 2-1 lead. Jose Reyes of the National League almost hit one himself but he didn't really run to first base because he thought he had hit a home run over the wall. The American League had a 5-2 lead going into the bottom of the ninth after Mike Lowell had a homer as well as Carl Crawford. With two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning though, the game wasn't quite over. Alfonso Soriano of the National League hit a 2 run homer to make it 5 to 4. Unfortunately, they left the bases loaded and still lost 5 to 4. This put their All Star Game losing streak to 10 games. Josh Beckett ended up with the win for the American League.Did anyone else watch the game? It was a pretty good one I think, especially the end. I'm pretty upset though that the National League lost. I was hoping they could end their streak. In the end though it doesn't really matter that they didn't win.

I'm definately a baseball fan. I pitch for a small house league with about 10 teams at the midget level. Baseball, however isnt as serious up here (ontario, canada) as it is down in the states. It's more relaxed, and calmer. Anyway I didn't watch it, but hopefully I'll be in myne again this year :D