xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnkitGoswami

Google Apps Email Custom Login Page Request How do I set up single user sign on ?

I am using google apps as the mail server for my college's website but I can't figure out how to enable single user sign on. The main problem is that everyone has to sign in through a page hosted by google having some irrelevent content. Google check where the data is being posted from so I cannot use a form of my own for this purpose. The page even has a javascript which prevents me from using it in an iframe. I did some research and found out that I need to buy a public key certificate to enable single user sign on (makes sense, google wants a secure login page). I don't think I would be able to convince the college authority to shell out more money especially after I just got the hosting upgraded. If anyone knows a way to sign into google apps without involving a google hosted sign in page please let me know.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
For the future reference, "help..." is not an acceptable topic title. Modified.

The free email apps service by Google is just that--it's free because it cannot be customized. The best you can do is to change GMAIL logo to your own logo. That's about it. You can manage email URL such that instead of mail.google.com/your-site it can be mail.your-site.ext but you will need to change CNAME records for this one.Another trick to customizing email URL is build an index page where it redirects from your domain to mail.google, i.e. your-site.ext/mail --redirect script to-- mail.google... but that's another topic (unless you want to start with this).Anything else to modify how it's logged in could be a form of "hack" unless, as you discovered, purchasing a public secure key.

If Google require your login page to be secure, you could always try CACert. They offer free security certificates for sites, and are intended for people like yourself. As its free, you've nothing to lose in trying it out and seeing if Google will accept it. If not, as Buffalo said, you're stuck with what Google offers you.

The free email apps service by Google is just that--it's free because it cannot be customized. The best you can do is to change GMAIL logo to your own logo. That's about it. You can manage email URL such that instead of mail.google.com/your-site it can be mail.your-site.ext but you will need to change CNAME records for this one.
Another trick to customizing email URL is build an index page where it redirects from your domain to mail.google, i.e. your-site.ext/mail --redirect script to-- mail.google... but that's another topic (unless you want to start with this).

Anything else to modify how it's logged in could be a form of "hack" unless, as you discovered, purchasing a public secure key.

hello , i have one question and hopping that i get the answer from you ...
you said you can customize the email address login page for example i can change it to webmail.mywebsite.com for this we have to chagne the cnma in my domain ... ok this ok and i know how to do it ...but the problem is when the user try to it with www, ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) it will get error page ... it must be with out www
so now what i want is to have two links
1- Webmail.mywebsite.com
2-http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Regards

The free email apps service by Google is just that--it's free because it cannot be customized. The best you can do is to change GMAIL logo to your own logo. That's about it. You can manage email URL such that instead of mail.google.com/your-site it can be mail.your-site.ext but you will need to change CNAME records for this one.
Another trick to customizing email URL is build an index page where it redirects from your domain to mail.google, i.e. your-site.ext/mail --redirect script to-- mail.google... but that's another topic (unless you want to start with this).

Anything else to modify how it's logged in could be a form of "hack" unless, as you discovered, purchasing a public secure key.

hello ,

you mentioned customization of the email url , for example we can change it to webmail.mywebsite.com , and also we have toadd CNMA to our domain , ok this ok and i can do it .. but my problem is that
when other user trying to open the login page to the email , if they type http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ they will get error page .. so they must type the url without www

so now how to have to urls and both redirect to same place ( email login page )
for example :
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and webmail.mywebsite.com

Regards

Hello Ankit as you wish to set Google Apps Email custom login page so you can use gControl directory for Google Apps. It is particularly developed for administrators to provide and control user rights in Google Apps domain, this included add-in will help in correct customization of login (Sin in) page settings.

Get Complete Admin Control by using gControl Directory:

Domain Setting – Add different Google Apps hosted domains, admin also can monitor all domains after creating them sub-domains in main domain.
Loin Setting- Get default login page and also option to create a custom login page. Admin can also set a landing page for Google Apps domain.
Password Policy- By using gControl enable password policy and set login restrictions for single or multiple users.
Forgot Password Policy- After using this option you can set restrictions for forgot password and also number of questions and attempts. (Option to create a new security question)
Time Restriction Policy- By using this option admin can apply time restrictions for particular users also an option to set force logout.
IP Restrictions- This is highly used feature of directory that allows admin to assign single or multiple users with a particular IP address.
Broadcast- To set a message as a broadcast for any particular or multiple users by selecting desired frequency.

Get a View: https://www.cloudcodes.com/gcontrol/