xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

registering domains piss me off -.-

I hate registering domains.. I find it really hard to think of a domain. ;) The admin of this site amazes me since he can think of awesome domain names.. (why can't I?)

First, you have to know what your domain is for. If its a collection of personal info, then a domain after you're name wouldn't be too bad. If you have something to sell, then you can choose a general product or activity. The point is, it has to convey some idea about your site or has practical value for the potential users.

Well, good domain names are usually short, easy to remember, and should be able to sum up your site just by the name. I don't know what the hell "Xisto" has to do with free webhosting, but it's certainly is short and easy to remember :P.

I wanted open-source.org

but it's expensive...

The quoted price will be at least $688 and may be over $10,000. Due to high demand and decreasing availability, the prices of Premium Domains are rising weekly.

Well, that's what domain harvesters do. And they make damn good money.Basically, the more that the open-source.org gets visited, the higher the price will climb.

You need to think of what your website relates to and then try and spice that up. My name: TriplebTalk, I thought that up by doing the following:

a ) What is my website about (a talk and music radio station)

b ) my last name begins with b so I thought why not TripleB (ala Triple M, Triple J etc)

c ) combined it together and tada TriplebTalk

Well, good domain names are usually short, easy to remember, and should be able to sum up your site just by the name. I don't know what the hell "Xisto" has to do with free webhosting, but it's certainly is short and easy to remember :P.

I agree on the short and easy to remember. A good title should also have to deal with the site too. It is best to always think long and hard of the domain name that you want. Yet a lot of times that name is already taken. Been there myself. Then you need a backup.

As for the name Xisto? Maybe because it is so adictive? you get trapped into it.