xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Byaja

What Is The Best Cms System To Use? not sure on whihc one to get...

I have used php nuke amongst others but unsure on what one to use once i get hosting....I want one thats capable of supporting 3d styles and php blocks/menus as im kind of average at php and html when i put my mind to it...I also want it to look neat and tidy and to match i will probably use the built in forum of the cms and just completely rip the code and make a edited version of it then hook it back in to the cms itself...so i need a cms thats capable of handling that GPU preferably.

There isn't a best CMS as each CMS is tailored to a different style os website.

I want one thats capable of supporting 3d styles and php blocks/menus as im kind of average at php and html when i put my mind to it.

Every CMS supports 3d styles. You just need to write 3D styles in order to make it happen, which are easy as gradients on an image editor.

If you are a good webmaster, you will write your own theme or at least your own CSS file which willl allow such things to be specified.

I also want it to look neat and tidy and to match i will probably use the built in forum of the cms and just completely rip the code and make a edited version of it then hook it back in to the cms itself...so i need a cms thats capable of handling that GPU preferably.

As I said, if you're a good webmaster you would make your own theme. If you want to theme, I strongly reccomend to avoid Joomla and PostNuke. They have the worst to configure skinning systems I've ever seen.

There isn't a best CMS as each CMS is tailored to a different style os website.
Every CMS supports 3d styles. You just need to write 3D styles in order to make it happen, which are easy as gradients on an image editor.

If you are a good webmaster, you will write your own theme or at least your own CSS file which willl allow such things to be specified.
As I said, if you're a good webmaster you would make your own theme. If you want to theme, I strongly reccomend to avoid Joomla and PostNuke. They have the worst to configure skinning systems I've ever seen.

Thanks do you have a few you can recommend or a site i can go to, to get an idea whihc one i want to use?

The best way to actually test if you want a CMS is if you use Apache on your own machine and test out each CMS individually. If not, there's always opensourcecms.com.

The best way to actually test if you want a CMS is if you use Apache on your own machine and test out each CMS individually. If not, there's always opensourcecms.com.

Thanks you been a great help :D I dont have apache installed but im sure i can find a client to install on my pc somewhere.

you can install preconfigured Apache, PHP in your system using easyPHP or WAMP for testing your site in your system before making it available online.

All the content management systems are different depending on what you want them to do. I use my own content management system as its suited to my needs whereas someone else may not think its that useful as they want to store their pages in a database. So it really depends on what you want to use it for.

All the content management systems are different depending on what you want them to do. I use my own content management system as its suited to my needs whereas someone else may not think its that useful as they want to store their pages in a database. So it really depends on what you want to use it for.

yeah good point, thanks guys your advice has been very helpful...I will keep looking for one i like.

I have used php nuke amongst others but unsure on what one to use once i get hosting....
I want one thats capable of supporting 3d styles and php blocks/menus as im kind of average at php and html when i put my mind to it...

I also want it to look neat and tidy and to match i will probably use the built in forum of the cms and just completely rip the code and make a edited version of it then hook it back in to the cms itself...so i need a cms thats capable of handling that GPU preferably.

Well I don't know what you're looking for but in my opinion the best CMS is Joomla.

Joomla! is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet. It is used all over the world for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. Joomla! is easy to install, simple to manage, and reliable.

Actually I'm uploading to it to my website right now :D and I'll add some extensions to it to make it really awesome!!

Well I don't know what you're looking for but in my opinion the best CMS is Joomla. Actually I'm uploading to it to my website right now :D and I'll add some extensions to it to make it really awesome!!

Im not a fan of joomla tbh, im giving php fusion a try see what its like do some testing if its not right for me, ill delete it and find another..trial and error i guess from first impressions its supports some very nice 3d styles which is one thing im looking for so fingers crossed.