xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Imtay22

Trap17 Radio And Suggested List

Xisto Radio

My suggestion today is maybe a Xisto radio. Not like a radio where someone talks, just like there are multiple DJ's and they play music. Then there could be a request box where members can put requests for the DJ's to play. We could embed a realplayer into the page so you know what song is playing, etc. If the DJ is not taking requests, they can put a message above the request box saying "The DJ is currently NOT taking requests." The DJ must supply their own music, equipment, and have a high speed internet connection with firewalls. Gahh. Just look here and you'll see what I mean. And we could have a member position, like Spam Patrol, for DJ's. It would be a major update, but i think a lot of people would like it. (Quickly checks for grammar and spelling errors) Just give it some thought.

------------------------------------------------------

Suggested List

My other suggestion is a suggested list. A sticky at the top of the suggestion forum, so no one suggests something twice. Just a short one.

Edited by Imtay22 (see edit history)

Although music is nice to listen to, I don't really think it's necessary to have it on Xisto. There are many sites out there that allow you to listen to music. Most radio stations now allow you to listen to music online. If you don't like the music they are playing they can just go to another station or play it for themselves. AOL has a lot of songs that are free to listen to, just have like a 20 second ad before them. Most people now have Ipods or MP3 players now that they will just listen to their own music either way. I don't really think it'd be a great idea/addition but more of a waste of space because I don't really think that many people would use it. Of course then again, if it's there then maybe they will but it'd be too much of a hassle in my opinion.

I would concur especially with the crackdown on internet radio's these days, not only would it cost a lot of bandwidth to host the music, but licensing fee's and all that good stuff. Like pleno said you are a lot of sites you can find to play radio music, or if you have the cd's just put them in your computer and play them that way.