xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dreem

Problem With Uploading My Website my be conection error, or ftp

i am using Absolute ftp client , but that i can not able to conect, i have tried a lot but no responce, suggest me which ftp is good, and how i can upload my website. is that ftp id is currect ? ( ftp.capitalheat.biz )

You username is you cPanel username.Password- cPanel passwordFTP site- ftp.yoursite.trap17.com Or it could be a server problem. Try what I said just use you domain and remember to add ftp. before it!

Just to check if your ftp is working follow these steps (you won't have to change anything back & you can easily delete the network place we will create afterwards)

1. Go into the start menu

2. Click on "My Network Places"

3. Click "Add a network place"

4. Click "Next"

5. Select the option that says "Choose another network location [specify the address of a Web site, network location, or FTP site.]"

6. Then Click "Next"

7. type ftp://ftp.capitalheat.biz <-- Notice the ftp:// before the ftp.capitalhear.biz bit - IMPORTANT!

8. Uncheck "Log on anonymously"

9. Type your cpanel username

10. Then Click "Next"

11. Just leave the pre-made name as it is, it makes no difference.

12. Click "Finish"

13. It should now pop up you're web site ftp (through windows ftp). - if it didn't start, just click on the ftp network place you just made, under "My Network Places"

14. it will ask you for you're cpanel password. (You already put in you're cpanel username earlier)

15. Type it in, and then you should be able to see the folders on you're web hosting!!

if all is well you can use this if you want, so when you know it works okay, find out what is wrong with your own ftp program!

Did you think to wonder if nameserver has not resolved yet...? :DThe first is do you own the domain name?The second is did you change nameserver to ns1 and ns2.trap17.com? Your DNS report shows domain name none existence.The third is you may have to wait up to 72 hours for nameserver change to propagate through out the internet. Until then your domain "name" is not recognized by any server/service.

i have registered site as capitalheat.biz ,

"The second is did you change nameserver to ns1 and ns2.trap17.com? Your DNS report shows domain name none existence"

how could i do that have u any idea. please open to tell me , because i have completely no idea about ftp, because i am uploading first time through ftp :D

i have registered site as capitalheat.biz , "The second is did you change nameserver to ns1 and ns2.trap17.com? Your DNS report shows domain name none existence" how could i do that have u any idea. please open to tell me , because i have completely no idea about ftp, because i am uploading first time through ftp :D

Ok if i remember correctly when you own your own domain you have a admin/control panel and in there it lets you edit the name servers, once you have done that it can take upto 72 hours to register and you WONT be able to see your new domain until it has registered....well thats how mine worked ages ago.

I would recommend CUTEFTP. Its very advanced and offers an easy interface for transfers :-)

my domain name is already activated, i am facing truble in typin correct adress for connection of ftp, i am typing only ,, ftp.capitalheat.biz , but it is not making any connection., can u give me any example how u put , and is that address which i wrote is complete?

I am still confused by your domain.

According to DNS report, http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.chcapitalheat.biz/ your domain name does not exist.

So to verify, have you entered your domain control and set your nameservers to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com?
If so, DNS report still shows your domain name as non-existence.

Are you able to access our cpanel (your hosting account)? If so, how are you able to access them (as in what URL do you type to access)?

Please let me know and I can look into it further.

but i can access my hosted account, of c penel, then can it is possible without domain name i got access, Question how can i access , so , i simply go to, above bar name link name as free web hosting, then access my control penal, simply type my id, and pasword.on C penal they even not desply that i am not rigistered with my domain. How that possible?

Try to be clear and descriptive when posting your question.How are you accessing your cpanel, is it by yourdomain-name.ext/cpanel or something else?If you have an access to your domain control, can you see where it says something like "DNS control" or "NAMESERVER"? If not, where did you purchase your domain (state the company name of a registrar)?When you activate your hosting account, the hosting configures according to your input field values--this means even if you misspell your domain name (which happens to Xisto members about 40% of the times) the cPanel will enter as you registered in activation fields.For example, I can activate new hosting account with Google.com and my cPanel will show as "Domain name: google.com" but that doesn't mean google.com is pointing to my hosting account.To cover every aspect, if you were under the impression that Xisto provided your own free domain as well as free web hosting, this isn't entirely true. You must first become a hosting member then use your hosting credits to purchase free domain name.UPDATEAs suspected, WHOIS record shows no such registered domain name.