xisto Community
immy00100

Will My Website Allowed?

i am about to make a blog with links to rapidshare, or any host service which will be films, songs, softwares, wallpapers etc nothing will be hosted on ur server just links and information in entries of the blog, will it be allowed?note: just my blogs and entries will be on ur server, none of any warez or mp3 etc files will be on it!i thought i should ask before i leap =)

as per the Xisto Readme file:

Xisto.com's services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Xisto.com reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.

So, unless you are the copyright-holder of the downloads, the links would not be suitable.
Also in the Terms of Service:

Web sites promoting, making available or otherwise contributing to software piracy, hacking, spamming, storage of large files or using account for file storage, storing MP3's of other large files in any electronic format, denial of service attacks and/or damage to commercial networks or servers will be removed from our servers without notice and illegal acts will be reported and prosecuted. Abusive behavior of any type will not be tolerated.

Read the terms of use here: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/5769-terms-of-service-and-acceptable-use-policy/ or read the full Xisto readme using the link in my siggy.

i am about to start something like this

warezrocks.uni.cc

will it be legal or i'll resume my search for appropriate hosting and want to tell you that the website i mentioned is also on free server i just dont know what is it =(

note: tell me if something is wrong if i published the link here it just to show what i want to do with my blog remove it urself from here or tell me i will but please answer what i am asking, request =)

As jlhaslip stated, your free web hosting account at Xisto cannot be used to host anything illegal, or link to it. The key part is this section of the Terms of Service:

Web sites promoting, making available or otherwise contributing to software piracy,

Regardless of whether you host the illegal material, linking to it is considered promoting and contributing to piracy. The legality of a page full of links to illegal software is currently a grey area in certain countries, but in most countries it is just as illegal as hosting the illegal software or MP3s yourself.

i'll resume my search for appropriate hosting

No good host would allow you to host a site like that, as they would continually be bombarded with requests to remove it. You would also be legally liable for it, as the person in charge of the site.

If you want to host copyrighted content and not get bombarded by removal requests as rvalkass said, I would recommend buying a server and moving it to a country with no copyright laws like Sweden. Otherwise, you might have to deal with some nasty legal issues if your site gets popular.