xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered025

Movie Discussion - Love Actually - A Christmas Movie movie discussion

Okay who else has watched the movie Love Actually??? I for one absolutely adore the movie!!!!! Its so humourous and yet so sad the way some people never get a good Christmas and yet on the other side of town the Prime Minister(Hugh Grant ) is having a party in full swing!!! Its got that Britishness that I just love AND its got Bill Nighy in it (AND he sings!!!!!) with some other people that i think are simply great actors such as Hugh Grant, Colin Firth and more... Also I think that all of the stories in it are so great and so cool that i just absolutely fell in love with the movie.........!!!!!!!!!!! So what do you guys think about the movie?????

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified.

As a group, I think that the Brits are about the most coherent people on the planet. It shows in their movie-making. Have you see About a Boy?

Love Actually is a holiday masterpiece. I would have rewritten the Alan Rickman scenes to be less depressing and more in line with the spirit of Christmas, but the comedy was great.

I found the little girl's performance of All I Want for Christmas emotionally stirring. It made me want to dance in the aisles and I'm not big on dancing.

The movie's approach to sex was so smooth and naturally presented. I didn't think that sex could be so tastefully presented by a director. A+ for that, alone.

Yeah, for quality, I think I would have to place Love Actually at the top of the holiday film list and in my top ten for all genres. It looks like I'm not alone.

There are so many different stories going on in Love Actually that you'd think it would be hard to keep up. But it isn't. I believe it's a beautifully crafted film with the best of British in there. It's funny for the guys and the gals. It's emotional for the gals :) And it's got a few tidy ladies in it for the blokes.Great entertainment all round. For me though the best thing about the film is the feel good factor it leaves you with. Just such a happy movie it leaves you all fuzzy and soft inside for a good few hours after you watch it. Oh and Martine McCutcheon....RARRR!