xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dreem

If You Forgot Your Mother's Birthday. What Do You Say When You See Her? I know its difficult

Few moths age i forgot my mothers birthday, when i came back from university, my all family was there, and i felt hell of embarcement, i simply apologize her and made promise not to forget after that, so its much difficult when that situation pass on you.

It would be embarrassing wouldn’t it? If I ever was in your situation, I would enjoy the party (if there is one) and tell your mother that you ordered something for her from eBay and it hasn’t arrived yet. And buy her something big/expensive for her the next day; make sure it’s expensive so you don’t feel guilty about forgetting her birthday.But yeah, I wouldn’t have the guts to tell my parents or anyone even close to me, that I forgot their birthday. I think it would hurt them, and I would probably make up some excuse to get over it. The tough bit about this is overcoming the guilt of you’ve done.Ps. don’t forget your mother’s birthday next time, if you do…well

well for one, there are a lot of ways to contact her and greet her on her birthday. and there are more ways to remember dates as such. it is quite embarrassing that you forgot her birthday. i guess of all people, why those who are close to you. i'm not rubbing it on to you. i guess it's just weird, for me at least.anyway, as for the topic, i really don't know if i would forget my parent's birthdates since i'm always the one who cook during birthdays in our house. but in the case i would forget it, i would probably just say sorry and just make it up to her by cooking dinner or going out for dinner just for that. i don't usually go out, so i would probably just cook dinner :D

I say sorry really, thats one simple thing you could. Or you could try and make up for it by doing something special or exciting for her. If its on her birthday and you forgot, improvise: Print a card off the computer or make one on your own by drawing stuff on a piece of folded paper :D

...tell your mother that you ordered something for her from eBay and it hasn?t arrived yet. And buy her something big/expensive for her the next day; make sure it?s expensive so you don?t feel guilty about forgetting her birthday.

True. I was about to recommend that. It doesn't have to be eBay. I once had a friend who I forgot to add in my Christmas list. Come Christmas, I went up to her, scratching my head apologetically, saying that I had one custom-made for her but the crafters had it delayed. Very soon, afterwards, I did have something custom-made for her and I was able to hand it in by the New Year, which, coincidentally, is her birthday too :D

Anyway, she gushed. I guess girls really like to receive something no other girl owns. (No, I'm not being sexist; I must admit, that's what I would want too :P) Only, just don't be too much of a cheapskate and give her something crappy and hand-made XD There's a difference between recycled and custom-made :P

However, if time does not allow it, you could just grab a bouquet from a nearby florist, that is, nearest your place and the farthest possible from your mom's. Moms like to receive flowers, well, except mine 'coz she'd rather have cake since cakes can be eaten, do not wilt, theoretically last forever and, most importantly, become a part of you for life >_<

Good luck remembering your mom's birthday next year :D

I'd lament about that 'thing' I bought for her that is taking ages to arrive and apologize that she'd get her present late. Then I'll quickly buy something later.Actually I think most mothers are understanding, so if you tell her sincerely that you really were busy and forget, I think she'll be fine. You can always have a meal with her to make up for it.

First of all, I wouldnt forget it... It is on the same day my birthday is :P... But if I did... I would goto the house, and tell her happy birthday and give an excuse saying- Oh I forgot some important files in office- and run out to a shop, by her a card- 5-6 gifts (one expensive)... :D

Few moths age i forgot my mothers birthday, when i came back from university, my all family was there, and i felt hell of embarcement, i simply apologize her and made promise not to forget after that, so its much difficult when that situation pass on you.

I could never forget it, if I wanted to live another day :)

Actually, my mom isn't big on birthdays and such so I forgot it, which I would never, she wouldn't make it that big of a deal. Usuaully my mom likes buying everybody else presidents on her b-day :P

The same happened to me.. However I just said "Oh My God your birthday! Congratulations!" and then gave her a big hug, no matter how angry she might have been... a hug and a smile always works :)And remember, a smile is always the best way to solve things :P