xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darran

Downtime Outbursts Happening too frequently

Before this, I always had a good impression of Xisto - Web Hosting, but I must admit I am very disappointed with what has been going on regarding my hosting. There are many outbursts of downtime reported by my visitors, the site suddenly just couldn't connect, there were no problems whatsoever with the network. All the services were running fine, when I checked the Xisto Helpdesk. Just that it could not connect to my website. And just a few days back, the KAPPA server had hard disk problems, causing my site to be inaccessible for a period of time, a good 5 hours at least. And all of these time, there wasn't any announcement email sent out to me to inform of what is going on. As a customer I hope to have a more transparent view of what is going on. The reason I moved to Xisto - Web Hosting was to get a more stable, more dedicated host compared to Xisto, but at the rate things are going, it would have been better for me to stay at Xisto. I hope to get a reply from this.

There are many outbursts of downtime reported by my visitors, the site suddenly just couldn't connect, there were no problems whatsoever with the network. All the services were running fine, when I checked the Xisto Helpdesk. Just that it could not connect to my website.

I would like to know your site name so that I can check its DNS configuration.
Did you talk to online techs. when you were facing problems @ Xisto - Web Hosting.com. They will help you detect network problems.
Network problems can be from the server side as well as client side.

If you have sent a ticket, please give me the ticket number as well.

And just a few days back, the KAPPA server had hard disk problems, causing my site to be inaccessible for a period of time, a good 5 hours at least. And all of these time, there wasn't any announcement email sent out to me to inform of what is going on. As a customer I hope to have a more transparent view of what is going on. The reason I moved to Xisto - Web Hosting was to get a more stable, more dedicated host compared to Xisto, but at the rate things are going, it would have been better for me to stay at Xisto.

Alert mails were sent 4-5 hours before we started the restore.

As for the 5 hour downtime of server KAPPA for HDD change, check the web for the time taken by web hosts for HDD changes. :-) I will not comment on it.

Apart from the KAPPA server issue, Uptime was good and we did not experience any problems. I apologize for the HDD problem. But blaming us by saying "Outburst of downtime" was a bit harsh.. :-(

I would like to know your site name so that I can check its DNS configuration.
Did you talk to online techs. when you were facing problems @ Xisto - Web Hosting.com. They will help you detect network problems.
Network problems can be from the server side as well as client side.

If you have sent a ticket, please give me the ticket number as well.
Alert mails were sent 4-5 hours before we started the restore.

I am not sure of the exact name, but the domain name is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

As mentioned, these were downtime outbursts, so most of the time the issue was solved before I could even get in touch with the online personnels. I seriously doubt the network problems would occur from my client side because prior to those incidents, I have not changed anything in my configuration of my site. Plus if it was a problem on my client side, the problem would have still persisted but it disappears after a period of time.

I did not receive any alert mails in my E-mail. Not even in my junk folder. I put the same email when I registered for this hosting, also it is the same email listed in my CPanel.

As for the 5 hour downtime of server KAPPA for HDD change, check the web for the time taken by web hosts for HDD changes. :-) I will not comment on it.
Apart from the KAPPA server issue, Uptime was good and we did not experience any problems. I apologize for the HDD problem. But blaming us by saying "Outburst of downtime" was a bit harsh.. :-(

As for the backing up of HDD a few days back, I can have no complaints since it took relatively quick to restore everything and nothing was lost in the process. But prior to this, I remembered having the same problem with Xisto when it took quite sometime to fix. But soon after I registered for Xisto - Web Hosting.com, this was happening again. As a customer, I need the assurance that my site won't go down frequently, it really hurts the site's growth and I can't progress in a continual manner as I would have liked.

Do not misunderstand. The outburst of downtime is an expression to what my site has been experiencing, it has no intention to undermine Computing hosting's network reliability or services. I hope you can troubleshoot for me, and tell me why is it that my visitors can't connect to my site frequently despite the network services being up.

As mentioned, these were downtime outbursts, so most of the time the issue was solved before I could even get in touch with the online personnels. I seriously doubt the network problems would occur from my client side because prior to those incidents, I have not changed anything in my configuration of my site.

My site experienced the same problem often (like 5 times per day over a 6-month period). I was on hosting plan 9S. Typically, the site would be non-responsive for 1 or 2 minutes. Biggest complaint was with mail service. I put it down to overloading of individual servers (needed to keeps costs competitive, was my thinking).

Using Skype, I have coordinated access to the web site from 4 people in two countries, Korea and USA, using 4 different ISPs to access the internet. Everyone has the same outage at the same time. So I conclude it is CH. However, I was not really upset, as I felt the price/performance ratio was acceptable (even if a bit oversold). I have recently upgraded to the new VPS server and am not seeing this problem.